Love Sufferers and Serves
February 14, 2021
Coming up at TCGC
Our two worship services are in the sanctuary and masks are required. We also offer in-door overflow seating in Room 125 during the 11am service for those who prefer more space.
Vow Renewal: Tomorrow (Sunday, February 14th), Pastor Jeff will lead all married couples through a vow renewal as a part of our worship service. If you would like to participate, please plan to be in attendance together that Sunday! No action or preparation is required in advance. If you have any questions, please contact the office.
Financial Peace University Resource: The church has purchased a license which gives the congregation access to a variety of FPU resources, including self-taught courses, tools, and apps. There is something for everyone and we encourage you to take advantage of these resources. E-mail the office for access to these resources.
Podcast: All of the church’s teaching content is available via podcast. The podcasts can be found through Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and the church’s website. If you like what you hear, please leave a rating or review to help others find it!
We made a playlist of songs that inspire us to think about themes we’ve discovered during the Joseph study. You can find them here:
- My Jesus I Love Thee
- My Hope Is Built (Solid Rock)
- Blessed Assurance (All My Attempts) - New Song!
- Rock of Ages
- Romans 11 Doxology
Listen to all the songs here!
CGYG miniMondays: Want to get your teen out of the house to hang out with the youth group? We are opening up the church this Monday February 15th from 1-4pm and plan to offer these get-togethers every other Monday! If you are an adult available to chaperone this gathering or are a teen interested in hanging out, please sign-up here or contact Pastor Stephen.
Tutoring: Our next tutoring event is Monday, February 15th from 1-4pm. The church will be open for grade school students and teens to come be tutored. We have created a registration, so please sign up here to request a tutor or to serve as a tutor. We are hoping to have this option available every other Monday.
Parents, please work with your kids on memorizing the weekly memory verse. Thank you! *all verses are NKJV
This Week’s Lesson
Children’s Church: 5yrs-4th grade
- Passage: Exodus 19:1-20:21; 31:18; 32:1-35; 34:1-9 God Gave the Ten Commandments
- Memory Verse: Exodus 20:1-17 The Ten Commandments: You shall have no other gods before me, You shall not worship idols, You shall not take the name of the Lord in vain, Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy, Honor your Father and Mother, You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You Shall not steal, You Shall not bear false witness, You Shall not covet your neighbor
5th & 6th Grade: The Books of Ezra and Nehemiah - to watch the Bible Project video click on this link
Tutoring: Our next tutoring Monday is February 15th from 1-4pm, the church will be open for grade school students and teens to come be tutored. We have created a registration, so please sign up here to request a tutor or to serve as a tutor. We are hoping to have this option available every other Monday.
If you will be checking new children into Children’s Ministry or have visitors with children, you can expedite the check-in process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the names and birthdates of the children, and we can enter them in our system and make Sunday check-in a breeze!
Joel and Deborah Teeple in West Africa
Request prayer for:
- Navigating a new more complicated visa process requiring multiple cross-country trips
- That their teammates living in their home would have increasing opportunities to preach the gospel in the neighborhood
- Deborah’s recovery from recent surgery to remove her gallbladder
- Wisdom in plans to travel and see their supporting churches and family and for plans to return to West Africa in late spring/early summer
- Praise God that baby Rylenne is developing well, and pray that the holes in her heart would close naturally and not require surgery