Wisdom from the Proverbs
Parents and Children
July 7, 2019
Coming up at TCGC
Milk and Cookies with the Pastors: If you are new to The City Gates Church, you are invited to join the pastors and their wives after the service tomorrow in the Nook to learn more about the church and how you can get involved. There will be homemade cookies and (store-bought) milk!
Board Game Night: Join us for a board game night on Friday, July 12th at 7pm in room 117! The second Friday of every month, a group of board game enthusiasts meet to fellowship and play games. Feel free to bring your favorite board game and snack to share. If you don’t have a favorite game, come anyways - maybe you will find one! Hope to see you there.
Got Luggage? The Ethiopia Mission Team will be bringing clothes and other items to the Ayele family and the children to whom they minister. The team needs additional luggage in order to transport these items. If you have old luggage that you are willing to lend or are willing to donate (i.e. that they can leave in Ethiopia), please contact Pastor Stephen. The team will need the luggage by the morning of July 28th. Thank you!
TCGC Classifieds: Check out our City Gates Church Classifieds page here! There is a current need for short-term housing. If you are able to help or have any good leads for this family, contact information is available in the listing. Let the office know if you have a need you’d like to add to this page.
- Cry Of My Heart
- Yet Not I But Through Christ In Me
- The Love Of God
Listen to all the songs here!
Women’s Ministry Bible Journaling Evening: On July 13th from 6:00pm-9:00pm we will be offering an evening for you to come and practice some of the spiritual disciplines we have studied - Bible intake and meditating on the Word. We will provide paper, examples, art items, and a dessert. Bring a savory appetizer and enjoy an evening where you can learn another way to be edified by the Word, and a new skill that will encourage others. Please register here.
Women's Breakfast: Come join other ladies for a time of refreshment, teaching, and discussing the Word on Saturday July 20th from 8:30-10:30am. Please register by clicking here. Note that there will be no Women's Breakfast in August.
The Ethiopia Mission Team will be bringing clothes and other items to the Ayele family and the children to whom they minister. The team needs additional luggage in order to transport these items. If you have old luggage that you are willing to lend or are willing to donate (i.e. that they can leave in Ethiopia), please contact Pastor Stephen
. The team will need the luggage by the morning of July 28th. Thank you!
Parents, please work with your kids on memorizing the weekly memory verse. Thank you! *all verses are NKJV
9:00am: Theme: Go and Tell
- Passage: Acts 10 Peter and Cornelius
- Kindergarten Memory Verse: Psalm 107:8 Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men!
- 1st-6th Memory Verse: Psalm 96:3 Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples.
10:30am: Theme: Jesus has power over evil
Children’s Church: 5yrs-4th grade
- Passage: Psalm 63
- Memory Verse: Psalm 63:1 O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You; In a dry and thirsty land where there is no water.
5th & 6th Grade: Are in service with their parents.
If you will be checking new children into Children’s Ministry or have visitors with children, you can expedite the check-in process by emailing email@example.com
with the names and birthdates of the children, and we can enter them in our system and make Sunday check-in a breeze!
City Gate Crashers
City Gates Co-ed Softball Tournament: The City Gates Crashers play their tournament games this week.
- The first game is Monday, July 8th at Ossian Park at 6:20pm.
- If they win Monday’s game, they will play on Thursday July 11th at Wakefield Park (2) at 6:20pm and 8:40pm
Please come on out to cheer for the Crashers. We appreciate your encouragement and support. Feel free to contact Mike Piotrowski
or Josiah McDonald
if you have questions.
Local Missionaries Vic and Suebee Ransom
request prayer for:
- “Bill”, “Omar”, and “Stephen” to keep seeking Christ.
- Wisdom & strength to invest more time in strategic priorities.
- Our family reunion in Utah (July 13-22) with our three sons and their families.
Assist Pregnancy Center Needs:
- Baby Shower Hosts: At the end of clients’ pregnancies, Assist throws them a baby shower in preparation for the arrival of their little one. Assist desires to make this a true celebration and needs volunteers to join the Center to provide snacks, decorate, and help host the showers. These showers happen on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month at 2pm and 4pm. If you are available for any of these days/times and would like to be a part of celebrating clients, this is a great opportunity for you! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Male Mentors: Meet with expectant fathers, encouraging men in their role as a father and provider. Requires multi-day training, center orientation, and weekly volunteer shift commitment. The current need is for additional mentors Monday - Friday. Email email@example.com for more information.
- We are Hiring! Assist is currently looking for a paid Clinic Manager to join the medical staff team. Please share this opportunity with anyone who may be interested and pray for this opening to be filled!