How Can I Know My Calling?
April 26, 2020
Coming up at TCGC
Thank you to all those who donated materials for the USNS Comfort! Fortunately, the ship’s mission ended early and they’re heading home this week. As a result, our donations are headed south to Haiti where they will be used by one of our ministry partners, Stone of Help Haiti, to support community outreach as the virus spreads there. Thank you once again to all who gave! Your generosity is making ministry possible.
The mid-week Turn Aside podcast dropped another episode this week as the ladies discussed how to fight back fear and anxiety during difficult times. Next week, Jeff and Matt join in as they discuss Daniel 1 following the first week of the Bible Study. You can find new episodes each Wednesday on our website or on
If you like what you hear, leave a rating or review to help others find it.
Men's & Women's Bible Study: The Daniel Bible study will be starting April 29th/30th with the option of self study, family/quarantinees study, or men’s and women’s virtual small groups. You must register in order to receive the study (electronic or printed) and reserve your spot in a virtual small group. There are so many ways to engage, so please register and join us! Women register here and men here if you plan to participate.
TCGC is closed for all group events through June 10th. To read TCGC’s response to the COVID-19 crisis and updates to future events, click here. Look for emails from your ministry leaders for specific details about your ministry/study. Church staff members are still working and accessible, so please let us know if you need anything.
Please tune into our 10:30 worship service via LiveStream on Facebook or
Ways to Give: In lieu of giving in person, you can give online through our website, or by mailing a gift. Our address is 9401 Little River Turnpike, Fairfax, VA 22031.
- His Mercy Is More
- Build My Life
- I Will Trust My Saviour Jesus - New Song
- The Love Of The Father
Listen to all the songs here!
Parents, do you want resources to study the Bible with your kids? Click this link for passages to read and questions to engage in discussion with your kids. Watch the videos and challenge yourselves and your kids to memorize the Bible verses. All verses are NKJV
- Acts 2
- Memory Verse: John 20:31
- Genesis 3-4
- Memory Verse: Genesis 1:27
- Tell what happened in the garden in our own words by either acting it out, storytelling form, or draw it out. Send in a video of your creation story to email@example.com winning family will get a prize.
- I Thessalonians
- Watch the Bible Project video - click on this link
- Memory Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18
For past lessons click here.
- Print off sermon note pages for your kids here, middle schoolers here to follow along with during the sermon.
- CC Costa Mesa is posting story time everyday at 3pm-tune in with your kids to listen to a story being read. Listen here
- CC San Diego has put together some awesome videos for both Pre-K and Elementary age kids and projects that can be done at a home. Check them out here or go straight to the videos here.
- Check out these videos, booklets, and homeschool helps from CEF here.
- One of our missionaries Pat Kearney’s daughter and son put video's together. Click here to watch.
Partners in Ministry
Assist Pregnancy Center
While COVID-19 means Assist's services matter now more than ever, the public health crisis also means they are unable to host their annual Walk Run Ride for Life on May 9th as planned. However, they're excited to announce a reimagined opportunity to honor moms and support vulnerable women facing an unplanned pregnancy: Love Life LIVE! Assist invites you to join this special virtual celebration event May 8-10th, honor the moms in your life from home, and showcase support for vulnerable new moms choosing love over fear in the midst of unexpected pregnancies. Will you join? Learn more about Love Life LIVE! and sign up today: bit.ly/LoveLifeLive2020.
Kevin and Lucy Heater in Lyon, France
request prayer for:
- Pray Psalm 90: 17 for us in the virtual world of ministry as we overcome complications and limitations of technology. "May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us."
- For our neighbor "FB". He is anxious about the world situation, is it the end of the world? He knows nothing of Jesus. Please pray for him to watch the Jesus DVD and read the NT we gave him, to begin his journey to the cross!
- For a new Bible study we are beginning on Revelation and the end times because of the present climate; for clarity in teaching and encouragement as we see God's plan laid out.
In House Ministries