Connect With The Family
January 31, 2021
Coming up at TCGC
In-person services are canceled tomorrow due to the likelihood of snow. The service will be available virtually via the following link beginning at 9am: https://LiveStream.com/CityGates
Contribution Statements for Calendar Year 2020 were emailed out on Friday, January 29th to all who contributed financially and have an email address on file with the church. Please be sure to check your email’s Spam or Junk folder if your statement appears to be missing. If you don’t receive your statement, please send your preferred email address here so that we can forward your statement.
Prayer Gathering: Come join us as we corporately pray for our world and church on February 3rd from 1-2:30pm in room 119. All are welcome and you may come and go as necessary during the prayer time. The prayer topics will be selected in advance and available at the gathering.
Vow Renewal: On Sunday, February 14th, Pastor Jeff will lead all married couples through a vow renewal as a part of our worship service. If you would like to participate, please plan to be in attendance together that Sunday! No action or preparation is required in advance. If you have any questions, please contact the office.
We made a playlist of songs that inspire us to think about themes we’ve discovered during the Joseph study. You can find them here:
- Again I Say Rejoice
- Your Great Name
- A Mighty Fortress Is Our God
- I will Trust My Savior Jesus
Listen to all the songs here!
Parents, please work with your kids on memorizing the weekly memory verse. Thank you! *all verses are NKJV
This Week’s Lesson
Children’s Church: 5yrs-4th grade
- Passage: Exodus 13:17-17:7 The Israelites crossed the Red Sea
- Memory Verse: Exodus 6:7 ‘I will take you as My People, and I will be your God. Then you shall know that I am the Lord your God who brings you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
5th & 6th Grade: The Book of I and II Chronicles - to watch the Bible Project video click on this link
If you will be checking new children into Children’s Ministry or have visitors with children, you can expedite the check-in process by emailing email@example.com with the names and birthdates of the children, and we can enter them in our system and make Sunday check-in a breeze!
Kevin and Lucy Heater church planting in Lyon, France
Request prayer for:
- Ministry is still 90% online and ongoing ministry decisions are difficult. Please pray that they would be able to seize this challenging moment in their ministry
- Their annual church business meeting on Jan 31, which is an important time of reconnecting with folks, their experience in 2020, expectations and vision for 2021
- Crossworld Europe Zoom meetings. Please pray for effective use of time, discernment, and wisdom
- Please pray for the youth. Several are going through difficult times and virtual meetings have not been the best for following-up
- A possible home assignment in summer of 2021