In The Fullness of Time
December 20, 2020
Coming up at TCGC
Advent Week 4: Love - Romans 5:8, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, 1 John 4:7-9
Our two worship services are in the sanctuary and masks are required. We also offer seating outside during the 11am service where masks are optional.
**UPDATE** Christmas Eve Service: Due to the likelihood of rain, we are moving our Christmas Eve service to Wednesday, December 23rd. The service will still be held outside on the lawn from 6 - 7pm.
Fire Pits for the Christmas Eve Service: We are in need of fire pits for our Christmas Eve service, which is taking place on Wednesday, December 23rd. If you have one that can be borrowed, please plan to drop it off at the church tomorrow, December 20th and pick it up by December 27th. For more information or to ask any questions, contact the church office.
Christmas Eve Service Scripture Readers: We invite you to sign up and read Scripture passages during our Christmas Eve Service, which is occurring on Wednesday, December 23rd. Spouses, siblings, and friends are all welcome to participate! The passages are already selected and will be printed off for you at the pulpit. All you have to do is read the passage and light one of the advent candles. Please register here.
End of Year Giving: To assist you in your planning for end-of-year giving, we want to advise you of TCGC's policy regarding the receipt of charitable giving. December 31, 2020 is the last day TCGC will accept contributions recorded for 2020. In order to ensure proper documentation, contributions must be received by one of the following methods:
- Online Giving - Gifts must be submitted online no later than 11:59pm on Thursday, 12/31/2020.
- Checks and Cash - Envelopes must be received at the church no later than 12/31/2020; or
- Mailed Contributions - Must be postmarked no later than 12/31/2020.
All contributions received after Thursday December 31st, 2020 will be recorded as 2021 contributions REGARDLESS of the date listed on the check. Questions? Please email Woody Long.
New Classes Starting in the New Year: We will be offering three new Sunday morning classes in January 2021. The Financial Peace University class will take place during the 11am service and you are invited to sign up here. The Christ in the Old Testament class will be offered during the 9am service in Room 125 as well as online. Finally, a third class studying the Book of Revelation will take place via Zoom during the 9am service. Contact the church office for more information.
Financial Peace University Resource: In addition to the FPU class, the church has also purchased a license which gives the congregation access to a variety of FPU resources, including self-taught courses, tools, and apps. There is something for everyone and we encourage you to take advantage of these resources. These resources will be available after the 1st of the year.
Christian Audio is having their biannual sale and Pastor Matt pulled together his top ten recommendations for those who are interested:
Ordering Your Private World - Gordan Macdonald
The Tech-Wise Family - Andy Crouch
Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus - Nabeel Qureshi
A Praying Life - Paul Miller
Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis
Life Together - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
What's Best Next - Matt Perman
When Helping Hurts - Brian Fikkert & Steve Corbett
Knowing God - J.I. Packer
Sing! - Keith & Kristyn Getty
- Hark! The Herald Angel Sings
- O Holy Night
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- My Soul Magnifies The Lord
Listen to all the songs here!
Parents, please work with your kids on memorizing the weekly memory verse. Thank you! *all verses are NKJV
This Week’s Lesson
Children’s Church: 5yrs-4th grade
- Passage: Luke 2:1-20 Jesus was Born
- Memory Verse: Luke 2:10-11 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. “For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. Sing along to the video here
5th & 6th Grade: The Book of Judges - To watch the Bible Project video, click on this link
If you will be checking new children into Children’s Ministry or have visitors with children, you can expedite the check-in process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the names and birthdates of the children, and we can enter them in our system and make Sunday check-in a breeze!
Joel and Deborah Teeple in West Africa
Request prayer for:
- that God will enable and direct us in our home assignment travels
- that God would allow us to return to West Africa in late spring as hoped and planned
- for our colleagues in West Africa who are dealing with the increasing stresses of overseas life, the difficulty of language learning and the discouragement it can bring as they strive to preach the gospel in our neighborhood
- for many opportunities to share the good news that Christmas brings, both here as well as in West Africa over this holiday season
- Praise God for the safe delivery of baby Rylenne on Nov 23rd! Pray that she would gain back weight and for a couple of small holes in her heart to close on their own so that she will not need surgery in the future
Men’s and Women's Ministries