What Do Christians Have To Do?
May 24, 2020
Coming up at TCGC
Podcast: Daniel 5 will be available on Wednesday. In this chapter we spend time thinking about our affections and how we express those, the importance of finishing our lives well, and draw encouragement from the fact that God holds us in His hands. You can access the podcast through Apple Podcasts & Spotify.
If you like what you hear, leave a rating or review to help others find it.
Preparing to Return: We are tentatively preparing for a return to corporate worship. More details will be coming out soon.
- May 31 & June 7 - one service, outdoors on the lawn (weather and technology permitting) OR identical services at 9 & 11, indoors. There will be NO children’s ministry, ABFs, or any other ancillary ministries.
- June 14 & 21 - identical services, indoors, at 9 & 11. Children’s ministry at 11AM service ONLY.
- June 28 onward - identical services, indoors, at 9 & 11. Children’s ministry and ABFs added at 9AM service.
ALL plans are tentative - look for additional details in the coming days and weeks.
TCGC is closed for all group events. To read TCGC’s response to the COVID-19 crisis and updates to future events, click here. Look for emails from your ministry leaders for specific details about your ministry/study. Church staff members are still working and accessible, so please let us know if you need anything.
Please tune into our 10:30 worship service via LiveStream at https://LiveStream.com/CityGates
Ways to Give: In lieu of giving in person, you can give online through our website, or by mailing a gift. Our address is 9401 Little River Turnpike, Fairfax, VA 22031.
- Soon And Very Soon
- Your Great Name
- Jesus Strong And Kind - New Song
- My Jesus I Love Thee
Listen to all the songs here!
Parents, do you want resources to study the Bible with your kids? Click this link for this week’s lessons with passages to read and questions to engage in discussion with your kids. Watch the videos and challenge yourselves and your kids to memorize the Bible verses. All verses are NKJV
- Passage: Acts 16:16-34, Paul and Silas sang to God
- Memory vs: Mark 16:15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. Sing along to the video here
Days 2-5: II Timothy
- Watch the Bible Project video click on this link
- Memory Verse: II Timothy 4:8
For past lessons click here.
- Print off sermon note pages for your kids click here, middle schoolers click here to follow along with during the sermon.
- Click here for coloring pages created by Gaby Lugo.
- CC Costa Mesa is posting story time everyday at 3pm-tune in with your kids to listen to a story being read. Listen here
- CC San Diego has put together some awesome videos for both Pre-K and Elementary age kids and projects that can be done at home. Check them out here or go straight to the videos here.
- Check out these videos, booklets, and homeschool helps from CEF here.
- One of our missionaries Pat Kearney’s daughter and son have put together Bible lesson video’s Click here to watch.
Chuck and Yumi Robb in Japan
request prayer for:
- Wisdom for raising our daughter and for the adoption process to go through.
- Help with interpretation at church services and Bible studies -- someone to fill in as an interpreter for Yumi as Chuck teaches.
- Salvation of non-believers (family, friends, non-Christians who attend Bible study).
- Praise: New missionary joining us in June.
Joel and Deborah Teeple in West Africa
request prayer for:
- Continued wisdom and boldness in sharing the gospel.
- God's mercy to contain the spread of COVID-19 in a place with limited medical facilities and the inability to practice social distancing in such close communities
- The Spirit of God to prepare people's hearts for truth.
- The opportunities to share the gospel with our language helper and children of the neighborhood and community.
- The blessing of the Ethiopian family that has joined our small team. Pray for their language access in French as well as another language.
- That we have been in our new country for over a year. We also celebrated 5 years of marriage!
In House Ministries