Reacting to the Gospel
May 17, 2020
Coming up at TCGC
Podcast: Daniel 4 will be available on Wednesday. In this chapter we see a king, a man with authority, collide with the God of absolute authority and ask hard questions like: how should we interact with the governmental authorities who are making decisions about our lives today? You can access the podcast through Apple Podcasts & Spotify.
If you like what you hear, leave a rating or review to help others find it.
TCGC is closed for all group events through June 10th. To read TCGC’s response to the COVID-19 crisis and updates to future events, click here. Look for emails from your ministry leaders for specific details about your ministry/study. Church staff members are still working and accessible, so please let us know if you need anything.
Please tune into our 10:30 worship service via LiveStream at https://LiveStream.com/CityGates
Ways to Give: In lieu of giving in person, you can give online through our website, or by mailing a gift. Our address is 9401 Little River Turnpike, Fairfax, VA 22031.
- Come People Of The Risen King
- All My Ways Are Known To You - New Song
- 10,000 Reasons
- I Will Trust My Savior Jesus
- How Firm A Foundation
Listen to all the songs here!
Parents, do you want resources to study the Bible with your kids? Click this link for this week’s lessons with passages to read and questions to engage in discussion with your kids. Watch the videos and challenge yourselves and your kids to memorize the Bible verses. All verses are NKJV
- Passage: Acts 17:16-34, Paul taught in Athens
- Memory vs: John 17:3 “And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
Days 2-7: I Timothy
- Watch the Bible Project video click on this link
For past lessons click here.
- Print off sermon note pages for your kids click here, middle schoolers click here to follow along with during the sermon.
- Click here for coloring pages created by Gaby Lugo.
- CC Costa Mesa is posting story time everyday at 3pm-tune in with your kids to listen to a story being read. Listen here
- CC San Diego has put together some awesome videos for both Pre-K and Elementary age kids and projects that can be done at a home. Check them out here or go straight to the videos here.
- Check out these videos, booklets, and homeschool helps from CEF here.
- One of our missionaries Pat Kearney’s daughter and son have put together Bible lesson video’s Click here to watch.
Partners in Ministry
Good News Jail and Prison Ministry
Dear Friends, The COVID-19 crisis has had an untold impact upon our world – and may have dramatically altered your life and lifestyle. Amidst this pandemic, there continues to be GOOD NEWS that we would like to share with you. Good News Jail & Prison Ministry typically hosts over 100 special events each year to share with you, our partners, how God is at work behind bars, transforming lives here and around the world. Unfortunately, during this season, we have been prohibited from gathering so we have constructed a VIRTUAL GATHERING in order to share an amazing story with you. The link below will take you to our website to view this prerecorded event that will be live on Monday, May 11th and available through Monday May 18th for you to watch at your convenience.
We are trusting the Lord to use this gathering to encourage you and to help meet financial needs. Please feel free to share this email link with family and friends. Thank you for praying for us and for partnering with us to bring Hope to Forgotten People!
Chaplain Vic Ransom
Argaw and Rachel Ayele in Hawassa, Ethiopia
request prayer for:
- The spiritual benefits we've seen because of this pandemic, and what Satan uses for bad, God uses for good
- Continued wisdom as we ease our way back into normal life and for God to guide us and cause us to be sensitive to His Spirit if the tables would turn again
- God's amazing provision for the ministry and our family in these difficult times
- Continued growth in our walk with the Lord, both individually as well as in our family and in ministry
- Wisdom as we plan for homeschooling next year
In House Ministries: