Why Christians Suffer
April 19, 2020
Coming up at TCGC
Men's & Women's Bible Study: The Daniel Bible study starts April 29th/30th with the option of self study, family/quarantinees study, or men’s and women’s virtual small groups. You must register in order to receive the study (electronic or printed) and reserve your spot in a virtual small group. There are many ways to engage, so please join us! Women register here and men here.
USNS Comfort collection - we are collecting donations to send to sailors aboard the Navy's floating hospital ship docked in NYC. Someone from our church is onboard and gave us this list of suggested supplies. Donations can be dropped off at the church next week 9-5, Mon-Fri. Consider dropping them off as you pick up your Daniel study.
Gold Bond and baby powder
TCGC is closed for all group events through June 10th. Church staff members are still working and accessible, so please let us know if you need anything.
Ways to Give: In lieu of giving in person, you can give online through our website, or by mailing a gift.
Our address is: 9401 Little River Turnpike, Fairfax, VA 22031.
- God Is For Us
- The Wonderful Cross
- I Will Trust My Saviour Jesus
- How Great Is Our God
- I Stand Amazed (How Marvelous)
Listen to all the songs here!
Parents, do you want resources to study the Bible with your kids? Click this link for passages to read and questions to engage in discussion with your kids. Watch the videos and challenge yourselves and your kids to memorize the Bible verses. All verses are NKJV
- Read: Matthew 28:1-10, the Crowd welcomed Jesus
- Memory Verse: 1 John 4:10 In this is love not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
- Read: Genesis 1-2
- Memory Verse: Genesis 1:27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
- Tell the Creation story in your own words by either acting it out, through storytelling form, or draw it out. Send in a video of your creation story to the CM Director winning family will get a prize.
Days 3-6: Colossians
- Watch the Bible Project video click on this link
- Memory Verse: Colossians 2:10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.
For past lessons click here.
- Print off sermon note pages for your kids click here, middle schoolers click here to follow along with during the sermon.
- CC Costa Mesa is posting story time everyday at 3pm-tune in with your kids to listen to a story being read. Listen here
- CC San Diego has put together some awesome videos for both Pre-K and Elementary age kids and projects that can be done at a home. Check them out here or go straight to the videos here.
- Check out these videos, booklets, and homeschool helps from CEF here.
- One of our missionaries Pat Kearney’s daughter and son put this video together. Click here to watch.
Partners in Ministry
Assist Pregnancy Center
While COVID-19 means Assist's services matter now more than ever, the public health crisis also means they are unable to host their annual Walk Run Ride for Life on May 9th as planned. However, they're excited to announce a reimagined opportunity to honor moms and support vulnerable women facing an unplanned pregnancy: Love Life LIVE! Assist invites you to join this special virtual celebration event May 8-10th, honor the moms in your life from home, and showcase support for vulnerable new moms choosing love over fear in the midst of unexpected pregnancies. Will you join? Learn more about Love Life LIVE! and sign up today: bit.ly/LoveLifeLive2020.
Brett and Krista Miller
request prayer for:
- Patience in waiting and all the logistics for the move to Colombia will be smooth once the date is set.
- Continued wisdom in how to reach college students during COVID-19 and for students to lean on God during the current situation.
- Praise God for provision of a school for the kids in Colombia!
to get involved or use this ministry email the office.