1 Peter 5:5-7
A Call for Christian Humility
June 20, 2021
Coming up at TCGC
Happy Fathers Day!
Independence Day 2021: We will celebrate Independence Day on Sunday, July 4th from 4-9pm. There will be food, a water slide, pie baking and singing contests, prizes, and more! To help with setup beforehand or to enter the pie baking or singing contests, sign up here! Please contact Annie with any questions.
We need Grillers for our 4th of July Celebration: Are you a grill master? If so, please let Pastor Stephen know! We’ll provide the meat and the grill for you to grill at the church prior to the Independence Day celebration that afternoon.
Our two worship services are in the sanctuary. We also offer in-door overflow seating in Room 125 during the 11am service for those who prefer more space.
Summer Reading List: Check out this list of books to read during the summer. There are a variety of options for all ages. Let us know what you think!
Ministry Needs: We are in need of volunteers to serve as Ushers, in the Children’s Ministry, and on the security team. Please contact the office if you are interested. Thank you!
- A Mighty Fortress
- Blessed Assurance (All My Attempts)
- Christ The Sure And Steady Anchor-new song
- Again I Say Rejoice
Listen to all the songs here!
TCGC Summer Daze: Mark your calendars! We’ve got a host of events to get the teen’s summer started right. From June14-26th, we’ll have a pool party, play frisbee golf, go tubing down the Shenandoah River, and more! We’ll also have our annual parent cook-out and update on June 26th. Sign up here to participate.
Parents, please work with your kids on memorizing the weekly memory verse. Thank you! *all verses are NKJV
This Week’s Lesson
Children’s Church: 5yrs-4th grade
- Passage: Judges 4-5 Deborah and Barak
- Memory Verse: Judges 2:18 - And when the Lord raised up judges for them, the Lord was with the judge and delivered them out of the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge; For the Lord was moved to pity by their groaning because of those who oppressed them and harassed them.
5th & 6th Grade: The Book of Joel - To watch the Bible Project video click on this link
If you will be checking new children into Children’s Ministry or have visitors with children, you can expedite the check-in process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the names and birthdates of the children, and we can enter them in our system and make Sunday check-in a breeze!
Chuck and Yumi Robb in Japan
Request prayer for:
- Their daughter, Emily, who was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy. Pray for continued progress in physical therapy and for research towards a cure to her type of muscular dystrophy.
- Church members who are unable to attend worship service due to conflict with non-Christian family members and work obligations.
- Salvation of non-believers (family, friends, non-Christians who attend Bible study).
- More like-minded co-laborers/interns to walk along side them.