Weekly digest, 02 July 2021
Social media posts, events and highlights of the past 7 days
Special Edition Charity Candle
We featured the special edition charity candle, created for us by Oli at No.14 The Wick. The fragrance is bergamot and sage, described by Oli as "uplifting and positive" which reminds her of how the charity made her feel when she looked for support during some challenging times.
Raindrops Story Writing and Drawing Competition
The deadline for entries to our Drawing and Story Writing Competition has been extended to 30 June. We encouraged our followers to make the most of the rainy weather by entering for the chance to win a prize.
Raindrops Photography Competition.
We encouraged all of our friends to grab their cameras and take a picture to enter in our Raindrops Photography Competition. This deadline has also been extended to 30 June.
Movement for Good
We thanked everyone who nominated us to receive a £1,000 donation from Ecclesiastical as part of their Movement for Good campaign. We are delighted to announce that we have won one of the 500 donations. This will pay for nystagmus information leaflets in eye clinics across the UK.
We highlighted Congenital Nystagmus and its life long implications and directed followers to our information section to learn more about the condition and the support we offer.
Children's' Eye Wear
We highlighted just how important it is for children to have correctly fitting glasses and shared valuable advice from Invision who have published 4 top tips for getting it right.
Nystagmus Network Facebook Groups
We reminded our followers about the Nystagmus Network Facebook groups and invited them to join.
- Parents - Facebook Group The Nystagmus Network Facebook group for parents of children and young people with nystagmus. An ideal opportunity to share experiences of diagnosis, early years and education support with over 1,000 other parents.
- Acquired Nystagmus and Oscillopsia - Facebook Group The Nystagmus Network Facebook group for people experiencing Acquired Nystagmus and Oscillopsia. With almost 100 members, this is the place to exchange information and experiences and, more importantly, their successes.
- Nystagmus Awareness Day - Facebook Group. Nystagmus Awareness day may be over for another year, but in this group it's awareness day every day!
- Adults - Facebook Group This group is for adults living with nystagmus. An opportunity for members to share their experiences of employment issues, treatment successes and general day to day living.
- Friends - Facebook Group The Nystagmus Network Friends Group is for our fundraisers, members and supporters and features all of the news, pictures and success stories as they happen.
Our Raindrops Photography and Story writing competitions close at midnight on 30 June 2021. We reminded everyone that they had just one last day to submit their work and that there was still time for a last minute entry.
We highlighted the charity's involvement in Nystagmus Research which began in the 1990's. We invited everyone to visit our website and find out more about our programmes. We also featured an image of our UK Nystagmus Research Conference 2020.
Our Friday Fundraiser featured this week is the human dynamo and stalwart Nystagmus Network supporter that is Sarah Mills. She is at it again! This time she'll be running 100km in a day on the Peak District Ultra Run Challenge - TOMORROW!
Postscript: Sarah completed her 100km run in one day and has so far raised over £1,800!