Happy New Year!
The new year is always a time of reflection for me. Looking back at 2017, I am humbled by the support of our readers. Without you, we would not have accomplished what we did! Here are some highlights:
- The appointment of Dr. Jessica Dunnavant to Editor in Chief
- The creation of 9mm Piccolo Player by Keith Hanlon
- Evolution of FlutyHacks - our short pedagogy-themed video series by Ai Goldsmith
- Several notable interviews and contributed articles from our friends and colleagues
My intention is not to "toot our own horn," but I want to thank my wonderful colleagues and friends --Keith, Ai and Jessica-- for keeping this newsletter alive. Working with these flutists and master teachers is a once in a life time experience! This year has been extremely challenging for me (in a good way!), and I cannot express in words my gratitude for everyone in this community.
If you have a spare moment, please click "reply" to this email and let us know a topic you would like us to cover. Suggestions are always welcomed, too.
This month features several inspiring articles, including an interview with the amazing Emma Resmini, a profile of master flutemaker Harry Gosse, and another installment of Musicians as Movers by Kelly Wilson. Our piccolo expert, Keith Hanlon discusses buying a piccolo in the 9mm Piccolo Player column.
Have a happy and healthy 2018!
- Amanda & The Flute Examiner Team