As we enter July and look forward to a summer break, school reports are issued and we praise our children for their achievements and encourage them to persevere in challenging areas of learning. For adults too, it is a good time to reflect on our successes during the first half of the year, and set out our aspirations for the remainder.
SCL’s report card for January to June 2016 shows that the business has exceeded its consultancy expectations, and that demand for training workshops has increased. We were particularly proud to sponsor our local school’s summer fête, and the commemoration book to celebrate its 125 years of excellence in teaching and learning, both under our local community hashtag #SCLatSW11, which you can read more about here.
Our plans for the second half of the year include:
- Continuing to support our consultancy clients in their many and varied projects and disputes;
- Offering additional dates for our 3 ever-popular MBL-hosted workshops on NEC3 (half day), Construction Insurance (full day) and Professional Indemnity Insurance (half day). Click here for the latest programme.
- Starting preparatory design for new workshops focussing on specific Professional Services, and collaborative contracting, which will roll out from 2017.
- Travelling within the UK, and overseas with #SCLGlobal, to give more conference presentations and lead training workshops on our Project Management, Programme Management and Law initiative, which is gaining interest and momentum. Please connect if you think your organisation would like to take part, or would find this of interest.
- Building our #SCLGlobal webpage (in 3 languages plus English).
So before you go away on holiday, book your workshop places for Autumn and Winter 2016 to gain up to 12 hours of guaranteed CPD, and pre-register your interest here for 2017.
Finally, no summer newsletter is complete without a holiday challenge: we will give £1 to our school every time we receive a postcard or photo, showing a typical local building, design style or feat of engineering. The best will be featured in our next newsletter! Happy holidays!