Have you noticed anything unusual?
It's okay if you didn't, but I needed a bit of humor today and some pun. With so much seriousness out there in the world and sometimes our lives, laughter can soothe the stress and give us a fresh perspective.
I'm not very good at telling jokes but as the word nerd in our family, I discovered the perfect avenue to increase my humor quotient. Puns.
A pun is a joke using a play on words, usually homophones or words that sound the same but have different meanings.
You might consider puns a childish form of humor and wordplay. Shakespeare enlightened me to puns while I was still in high school. But some of my favorites come from Disney animated films.
In Finding Nemo, Marlin tries to break the ice with this joke. "There was a mollusk and a sea cucumber. The sea cucumber walks over to the mollusk and says, "With fronds like these, who needs anemones?" Go ahead, groan if you must.
I found over 150 Christmas puns. I will spear you by not throwing all of them your way. Here are just a few to lighten your load.
and one more, just for pun...
- The Christmas alphabet has noel.
- Are you oakey? Yes, I'm pine.
- Let's take an elfy!
- Love at frost sight.
Keep your spirits lifted and your laughter heavy this holiday season, today, and all through the year.
- I love it when candy canes are in mint condition.
Inspiration worth sharing . . .
Inspiring words . . .
- Our family won't enjoy our typical holiday gatherings and dinner. Instead, I'll reflect on Christmases past because food and family make the best memories.
- We all have funny Christmas stories. After unwrapping a new Apple TV, someone I know wondered who would want such a small TV. Here are more funny holiday stories.
- My first Christmas record was a 78 RPM of Gene Autry's Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with If It Doesn't Snow on Christmas on Side B. A real golden oldie!
"It's not how much we give but how much love we put in the giving."
"Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see."
~The Polar Express
Be and become #yourbest today and every day.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to forward this newsletter to someone who would enjoy a bit of inspiration.
If you’re seeing this newsletter for the first time, you can subscribe here