I am a collector of words and ideas. Whenever I find a phrase, a sentence, or an entire paragraph that speaks to me, I write it down.
These snippets find their way on sticky notes, in my journal, Evernote, or an Excel file with over 500 entries. Not only do I capture them, but the database includes a topic so I can sort them.
Remember Bartlett's Familiar Quotations? The copy on my bookshelf dates back to 1992, the 16th edition. In the old days, you couldn't always check out reference books from the library. I would have to find a comfortable chair to scour through the hundreds of pages for just the right gem.
For today, I thought I would steal an idea from the "Tonight Show" with Johnny Carson and later, David Letterman. My top ten quotations to take you on a journey of thoughts.
My Top 10 Worth Sharing . . .
10. Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. ~ Rumi
9. Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ~A.A. Milne
8. What the best and wisest parent wants for his child must be what the community wants for all children. ~ John Dewey
7. Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is. ~ Anne Frank
6. If you treat an individual as if he out to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be. ~ Goethe
5. True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends but in the worth and choice. ~Ben Johnson
4. The time is always right to do what is right. ~ Martin Luther King
3. “Said the river: imagine everything you can imagine, then keep on going.” ~ Mary Oliver
2. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
and my number 1...
1. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit. ~ Aristotle
What are your favorites? I'm always open to more inspiration and have plenty of room on my spreadsheet.
Be and become #yourbest today and every day.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to forward this newsletter to someone who would enjoy a bit of inspiration.
If you’re seeing this newsletter for the first time, you can subscribe here.