How has NAIOPWA benefited you in 2020?
In a year of social and economic disruption, every one of us was challenged to ask how we can do our best work during a global pandemic. At NAIOPWA, we re-committed with a laser focus on our members—1,000 professionals representing more than 300 of the Northwest’s leading CRE firms—providing navigation tools, strong industry advocacy and innovative technological solutions.
Examples from this year include:
- Playing a pivotal role in the early return to work for commercial real estate under the “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order, from construction workers to developers, by working with Mayor Jay Inslee’s office, where we’ve built relationships over the years;
- Influencing the rescheduling of challenging, costly new regulations that became untenable in a long-term “work from home” environment, including state building and construction code updates and energy efficiency standards for large commercial buildings.
- Implementing innovative new technology to get us back to doing one of the things we do best, networking. And trust us, this isn’t your typical Zoom meetup—over 25 webinars in 2020, more than 3,500 people logged in as active participants;
- Expanding Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts, including a three-part educational series on racial inequities in commercial real estate and a DEI Summer Internship Program;
- Creating a Developers Forum for NAIOPWA principal members to directly receive feedback from professional peers in the constantly shifting COVID landscape.
Every year, we ask our members to provide feedback on what worked the prior year, and what would make the next year better for their firms and their clients to do business. What would you say? Provide your input and help build the next successful year for NAIOPWA and the CRE community. Become a member or renew your membership today.