Message From The President
It was great to see such a big turnout at our P&C meeting – thank you to everyone who came along. I took the opportunity to thank all of the volunteers in the P&C Executive, Subcommittees and Special Roles. They have done a fantastic job getting up and running in their various roles with many of them new to the role this year.
Here are some highlights from our meeting;
· The P&C endorsed funding towards the Art Room Upgrade to the value of $11,450
· The P&C endorsed funding towards a series of Cyber Bullying workshops for students, teachers and parents to the value of $1,400 (note the Parents workshop is this Monday 13th March 7:30pm at the Cambridge Bowling Club)
· We had a robust discussion about the Traffic Management situation which is still unresolved. Our school applied for a Traffic Warden last year for Chandler Ave but is only eligible for a Type B Traffic Warden. According to the application, a Type B Warden needs to be sourced and funded (unless a volunteer) by the parent body. The P&C will continue to work with the school towards a solution.
· We discussed the latest update on the Phone Tower installation at Floreat Forum. We encourage anyone who is interested in lobbying against this activity to contact the No Towers Near Schools 2017 group via firstname.lastname@example.org
. This small group of parents need more support from the parent community.
· We are excited to see so much enthusiasm for the School Banking initiative from the children. Banking day is every Wednesday morning on the basketball courts.
· Deputy Principal Mark Walters gave a very informed presentation on ICT directions of FPPS to help us understand the benefits of technology in the curriculum. He also mentioned the main iPad educational apps that are now used. They are Popplet, Explain Everything, Puppet Pals and Book Creator. The aim is to use the devices to Create, Collaborate and Problem Solve.
The minutes of the meeting can be viewed HERE
There is a lot to cover in the P&C meetings with quite a heavy agenda, so we don’t usually open up to general questions at the end. We take all P&C Reports as being read, but this is also an opportunity for anyone who attends the meeting to ask questions or seek clarification on the content of the reports. We will certainly try and address your query as best we can on the night. If anyone wishes to table a discussion topic at the P&C, please feel free to email Catherine Johnson (our P&C Secretary) at email@example.com
to ask if it can be included in the Agenda. Please do this at least 1.5 weeks prior to the P&C Meeting to allow review and agenda distribution. The P&C Meetings are held during week 5 of every term. The next meeting is Tuesday 23rd
May, 7:30pm in the School Library. All are welcome!
We very pleased to say that all classes now have a Class Rep, or two or three! It is becoming the norm now to have multiple Class Reps, which we believe works really well. Tasks can be split up to help with the load and it is certainly more fun when you have company while organising activities! Thanks to all of our fabulous Class reps for volunteering this year.
The Parent Sundowner was a big success. We got a lot of great feedback which is encouraging to turn it into an annual event. Thanks to everyone who attended and those who helped organise it.