How Do You #Roar4Rare?
Thanks to The Pride of the Luka The Lion Foundation, in this past month, here's how we #Roar4Rare:
- #LukaTheLion #ScarfChallenge -- with an unbelievable Photo Gallery show of support.
- Last year's Florence Forth -- Thanks to everyone!
- Colorado mountain top -- Thanks to Jason Gietl
- Office space -- Thanks to Witt | O'Briens
- Engaged with partner organizations including UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Support Program, UNC Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Clinic, NC Rare Disease Coalition
How do you #Roar4Rare? Complete our quick questionnaire, Email us, Tweet Us, join our public Facebook group for The Pride, like our Facebook page, and watch our videos on youtube.
UPCOMING EVENTS | Join Team #LukaTheLion
Spaghetti Potluck Dinner
Friday, March 3rd 5:30-7:00 pm
Oak Church | 2100 Chapel Hill Road Durham, NC
RSVP | www.lukathelionfoundation.org/events/
- FOOD & FELLOWSHIP: Let's gather in fellowship to honor Luka's 3rd birthday in heaven, continue to March Forth, and thank The Pride of the Luka The Lion Foundation for all their support of kids with rare diseases and their families.
- GET READY! We'll enjoy Luka's favorite food and carb up as we prepare to run/walk the Florence Forth Road Race the next morning. Join our team #LukaTheLion/Lakewood.
- SHARING SPIRIT: Bring a small dish for the potluck or a gift for a kid at the hospital -- to carry on Luka's legacy of sharing. Spaghetti will be provided! (Options include: meat, kosher, veggie/vegan)
Florence Forth Road Race
5K, 10K or kid's cape race -- walk or run, family friendly!
Saturday, March 4, 2016 7:30 am
9th Street, Durham, NC
- REGISTER: Click here to register and join our team #LukaTheLion/Lakewood. Everyone who signs up with our team will get a special cape!
- CAPE CONTEST: Florence Forth is a race for super heroes in memory of a super girl. The Cape Contest offers a fun way to express why we run Florence Forth.
- HELPING OTHERS: All proceeds from Florence Forth are used to advance the mission of the Autoimmune Encephalitis Alliance.Over the past 4 years, Florence Forth has raised over $160,000 to educate doctors, fund research and connect families.
AWARENESS | 1 in 10 people have a rare disease. That's 33 million people in the U.S. Half of these people are kids.
WHAT WE'RE READING | #RareDisaeses
SUPPORT | ALWAYS REMEMBER TO ROAR!
Let's make a resolution to #MakeADifference2017 -- find a bone marrow donor for every single person who needs one. You could be the match, or share this story with the person who is. Meet Sheldon. This is his story, one of thousands of stories. It takes 20 seconds to swab your cheek to sign up to be on the bone marrow registry. Order your swab kit from Be The Matc: https://join.bethematch.org/ or DKMS: www.dkms.org/en/register If you aren't eligible to donate, you can make a difference by listening and sharing Sheldon's story. #MakeADifference2017 #Swab4Sheldon #Roar4Rare #BeTheMatch
You are The Pride!
1. Need a #LukaTheLion Scarf 2.0?
How can you #Roar4Rare to help us support kids with rare diseases and their families?
2. Do you shop on Amazon? YES!
- Order your scarves today! 100% of sales goes directly to the Foundation to advance our mission.
- The March Forth scarves are limited edition, and we love the touch of the butterfly to honor Luka's older brother and fellow angel, Maks.
3. How do you #Roar4Rare for kids with rare diseases?
- Click here to link up your Amazon account with Luka The Lion Foundation so that 0.5% of eligible purchases can go directly to our nonprofit.
- The trick is you ALWAYS need to start your shopping at smile.amazon.com
- Invite 2-3 people in your life who are AVID amazon shoppers and ask them to link up their account to Luka The Lion Foundation to help kids with rare diseases and their families so they never feel alone
You are The Pride. Kids with rare diseases and their families thank you.
Always remember to roar,
Julia and Zach Fisher on behalf of the Luka The Lion Foundation Board of Directors
- Tell us!
- Donate online to support a kid braving rare disease and their family by providing unique, individualized support.
- Thanks to you, The Pride, we're amazed at our results so far to help kids with rare diseases and their families so they never feel alone.
For more about our story, visit: www.lukathelionfoundation.org