This is Pastor!
I’m sending this e-mail today to encourage you. I hope you’re doing your best to stay close to me by our church services online and the other live-streaming we’ve been doing. I have just a few things to say to you today in this particular e-mail:
- Thank you for responding to me. This past week, because your tithes and offering remained strong, we were able to maintain ministry properly. Way to go, church!
- I am being totally bombarded with all kinds of reports, false reports, conspiracy theories, speculations, etc. I’m sure you’re getting your fair share as well. Let’s remember what we’ve always said at Living Word: “We go by the Bible, and by no one else’s predictions.”
- Be careful to pay attention to the prophets of the land. On many news channels, more and more anchormen and women are asking their guests to speculate, predict, and project. The other day one of them asked, “What do you prophesy on this?” It’s becoming increasingly clear that we must keep our nose in the Bible!
- Because God knows everything, He wrote enough in our Bible to warn us of things to come and what to do about them. That’s what we’ll will listen to.
- I know you may be as frustrated as I am that the doctors are now running our country. Though I respect them, their science, and their good deeds and wouldn’t want to be here without them, they are not ordained, appointed, or commissioned to make decisions at this level. Therefore...
- ...we must pray for the president, especially, and our governor that they would not ignore the doctors, the science, or the numbers but sit in their seat of authority and make decisions based on what they were voted in to do. Pray for them because they are going to desperately need it now.
Pastor Bob Montgomery sent me an awesome idea to rally everyone to stand together in prayer and also to curse this invisible enemy soldier, Covid-19. I am asking you to pause for a moment once a day, at 12 PM, look to Heaven, and ask God to empower us to kill this thing, just like He empowered David to kill Goliath. Then I want you to look down and all around and curse this virus and command it to die, in the name of Jesus, and that by His blood no one else will be hurt by it.
I want to remind you of this Word from the Lord from January:
- Listen to the Word of the Lord... Do not stop fighting now! Fight on! Press in! I’m in the battlefield with you, saith the Lord. And if you don’t surrender, and you don’t quit, and you don’t quit on Me, I’m gonna bring you the victory. I have healing with Me. I have deliverance with Me. I have peace with Me. And I tell you, and I encourage you this morning, you fight on! Even though you may be weary, even though you may be tired of fighting, even though you don’t seem to see a tremendous change, an immediate change, fight on! Attack! Refuse to surrender, and I give you My Word, I will bring you through, saith the Lord.
Living Word, you are great soldiers, and you’ve been trained for this battle. Know that you are in my heart and prayers constantly. My family is fine, and I pray yours is also. I am claiming that when this is all said and done, not one of us will have contracted this virus.
The number one verse I’m standing on is Psalm 23:
- “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.”
I hope you are able to stream live Thursday night at 7 PM, Saturday night at 7 PM, and Sunday at 10 AM and again at 6 PM for another great communion service.
Just some reminders:
We are making some things available to you for “self-serve” in the outer entryway of our current administrative building, which will be unlocked during office hours from 9 AM until 4:30 PM, including the lunch hour from 12-1 PM.
- Offering envelopes
- Paper bulletins
- Product orders
- Items for which you have been contacted to pick up (in place of our “pass-out” mail system at the Information Center).