COVID-19 UPDATE 3-16-2020
Following is an update to the information I sent to you on Friday that was sent to me by a medical doctor. I have researched more deeply and found more “accurate” and “updated” information that will help all of us, with the understanding that I am not a medical doctor and simply passing on what I have found.
According to the CDC, symptoms of COVID-19, the disease that the new coronavirus causes, may include:
The World Health Organization included symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
Symptoms may appear in as little as 2 days and as long as 14 days after you’re exposed to the virus.
- Bone or joint pain
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE SICK
Call your doctor!
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your health care provider for medical advice.
HOW CAN YOU PREVENT AND AVOID CORONAVIRUS?
Three words offer the best advice:
Wash your hands!
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash them for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Wash them before you prepare food, eat, after using the bathroom, if you cough or sneeze, and if you are caring for sick people.
- If you don’t have soap and water, use a sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Fist or elbow bump in place of shaking hands.
- No hugging.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then throw the tissue into the trash.
- Clean frequently touched objects and surfaces with a disinfectant cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid public transportation.
ARE FACE MASKS REALLY EFFECTIVE IN REDUCING THE RISK OF BEING CONTAMINATED?
Web MD says:
Generally, no. If you have COVID-19, then, yes, wearing a mask should reduce the risk of your giving it to someone else.
HOW DOES CORONAVIRUS SPREAD?
Because COVID-19 is new, there remain many unanswered questions about how it spreads. But experts believe:
- The virus may spread from person to person, between people who are within about 6 feet of each other, and through droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- It may spread before people present symptoms.
- It spreads from contact with infected surfaces. Touching a surface or object that has the virus, and then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes is one way it may spread, although the CDC says it is not believed to be the main way of spreading the virus.
- Studies to date suggest it is not airborne, so you cannot catch it from breathing.
- It spreads easily. Not all viruses do, but the CDC believes COVID-19 spreads “easily and sustainably in the community” in some geographic regions it has affected.
HOW LONG DOES THIS CORONAVIRUS LIVE ON SURFACES OR OUTSIDE OF THE BODY?
- A new study found that SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) may last for a few hours or several days on surfaces, and several hours in the air under experimental conditions.
- The study found it can last up to 4 hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard, and up to 2-3 days on plastic and stainless steel.
- The study shows that it may be possible to transmit the infection by touching a contaminated surface.
- Using a simple disinfectant on all reachable surfaces is a good idea.
CAN I GET CORONAVIRUS FROM A PACKAGE?
The CDC says there is likely a “very low risk” of it spreading from products or packaging shipped over a period of days or weeks.
Please know that all of us here at Living Word Church and Mark Barclay Ministries are praying for your health and protection.
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues...
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
2 CHRONICLES 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.