The November newsletter for ninety-nine girlfriends
Girlfriends review the Voters' Guide before finalists took the stage at last year's Meet the Finalists event.
MEET THE FINALISTS, MEMBERS ONLY EVENT
Monday, Nov 13, 5:30pm-7:30pm.
The Old Church, 1422 SW 11th Ave, Portland, OR 97201
(see evite sent to you or RSVP directly to email@example.com)
Many months of hard work we have our five finalists!
Join us to to meet the finalists before casting your vote!
You will decide which two organizations win the $100,000 Impact Awards. The remaining three organizations will receive Finalist Awards of $17,666.
Voting opens November 13th and closes on the November 21st.
Urban Gleaners, Food First: Fighting Childhood Hunger in Washington County
ANNUAL AWARDS CELEBRATION - SAVE THE DATE December 6th, Doors open at 5:30, 5:30-8pm
The Evergreen, 618 SE Alder
This is your chance to celebrate our awardees and to take in all of the progress we've made this year! This is also the perfect time to invite a friend who might want to join ninety-nine girlfriends in 2018.
At this event we will announce our two $100,000 Impact Award recipients and three Finalist award winners, hear from our Year 1 grantee partner, and have fun! Look for the evite in your email next week.
BTW: Many of our finalists and semi-finalists from this year and last year are featured in this year's Give!Guide.
Check it out here.
ONE YEAR LATER: PDX Bridge's region-wide impact on education
"The momentum that we’ve enjoyed as a result of the ninety-nine girlfriends award has been significant for our efforts here in Portland."
- Glenn Fee, Gateway to College Leader
PDX Bridge works with youth in foster care, youth experiencing homelessness, youth who are involved in the juvenile justice system or youth who experience any combination of the above. Their goal is to identify and recruit these students in high school and get them through their senior year and into college.
When the students served by ninety-nine girlfriends’ very first grantee partner started classes at PCC this fall, the campus environment was nothing new. They had four college writing credits and a college guidance class under their belt AND a minimum of six months of personalized support behind them. This support meant that during their senior year of high school, with the help of an experienced teacher / coach, they enrolled..." Read full article by Kari Easton, member liaison to PDX Bridge. Thanks Kari!
Special shout outs to ninety-nine girlfriends Barbara Hilyer, Marnie Frank, Kari Easton and Michelle Hynes who, following last year's award, joined as volunteer members of the PDX Bridge Ambassadors Council or Steering Committee. #ninetyninegirlfriendsfindingtheirpassion.
DID YOU CREATE YOUR PROFILE YET?
You Asked for It, You Got It: A Member Directory!
The ninety-nine girlfriends directory is a great way to connect with your fellow girlfriends. Find the instructions below to set up your profile.
Tip: do it before the upcoming events so members can follow up with you : )
INSTRUCTIONS TO SET YOUR NINETY-NINE GIRLFRIENDS DIRECTORY PROFILE:
2. Access the directory. Use your email address that we have on file and this initial password to initially log in: Initial customized password - 7ds97Gf# This password may not work. If it doesn’t, click that you "forgot your password" You will receive a link and then can successfully change the password.
3. Look around, Click on MEMBER DIRECTORY on top left - in SEARCH, scroll down the names and you'll see some cool details of your colleagues in collective giving!
4. Check your 4-1-1. Click on your name on top right and - click on VIEW PROFILE.
5. Update your profile. Click on EDIT PROFILE - upload your photo, write a brief profile, add your social media link. and then SAVE. (Think about what people might want to know – and avoid dated information, unless you want to update your profile often.)
6. Set your privacy options. Click on "EDIT PROFILE again and then click on PRIVACY SETTINGS - Update your privacy settings (do you want members to see your phone, etc.?) and then SAVE. The term “access” means that people can see your information, but they can’t edit/change it.
7. Pat yourself on the back!!
The Grantmakers of Oregon and Southwest Washington will be holding their annual meeting on November 17th, 4-6:30pm. More information and registration here.
Women's Collective Giving Grantmakers Network offers free webinars on the second Tuesday of each month. Ninety-nine girlfriends can learn about organizational growth, measuring impact, motivating volunteers, creating a communications strategy and much more! To see the WCGN webinar calendar and register go here: http://www.wcgn-network.org/webinarregistration
Mark Your Calendars
Monday, Nov 13th Meet the Finalists at The Old Church, downtown Portland, 5:30pm
November 13-21st Online voting. One woman = one vote. Please vote!
Wednesday, Dec 6th Impact Awards Presentation and Celebration, at The Evergreen, 6pm-8pm
Ninety-nine girlfriends is an all volunteer effort. We are an organization built on friends inviting friends and are grateful for the fiscal sponsorship of Grantmakers of Oregon and Southwest Washington
for hosting our project.
“Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
Please stay in touch by checking our website: www.ninetyninegirlfriends.com
And like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ninetyninegirlfriends/ As always, you can reply to this email and a real person will get your message!