Operations Manager for a thriving rugby club
Farnham Rugby Club is thriving community based rugby club with approximately 2,000 members ranging in age from Under 5 to Over 60.
The club operates from purpose-built facilities close to the centre of Farnham and is a focus for a range of sporting and social activities.
The club’s facilities include:
• A clubroom with an associated bar overlooking the main pitch; an ideal venue for events.
• A fully functioning kitchen to cater for players and supporter as well as events
• A club shop selling sporting apparel
• 14 acres of land incorporating 4 rugby pitches (2 floodlit)
• An artificial cricket wicket
• A fitness centre
To help drive the exploitation of the clubs assets, Farnham Rugby Club is looking for a dynamic Commercial/Operational Manger to join the team to help drive the club and venue forward.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills in order to work effectively with a variety of people at all levels both within the club and the wider community.
This will require the ability to adapt to evolving scenarios, while ensuring the needs of members are satisfied. A passion for rugby and its place in the community is highly desirable.
* Management/Exploitation of Club Shop
o Negotiation with suppliers
o Management of the Shop’s operation
o Maintain stock levels in line with club needs and minimise wastage
o Increasing sales volumes
o Exploring other lines of merchandise to increase the commercial offerings
* Management/Exploitation of Club Fitness Centre
o Management of fitness centre’s week to week activities, including the coordination of and use of external trainers
o Organisation of the on-going maintenance and cleaning of the Centre to ensure its availability on a daily basis
o Increase membership and use of the Centre
* Club Promotion
o Increase engagement and communication with club members
o Establish links and relationships within Farnham and the wider community to promote the club and use of its facilities
o To drive the marketing activities of the club to increase facility use and increase event revenues
o To drive the attraction of advertisers and/or sponsors linking in with the commercial committee
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• The ability to multi-task and balance competing interests
• Ability to handle a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders
• Strong rugby knowledge and interest
• Experience in running and managing facilities
• Ability to use and exploit digital applications to increase efficiency and communication
• Ability to work flexibly matching the usage profile of the club
• Farnham Rugby Club is an equal opportunities employer and would welcome applications from a full diverse range of candidates regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability
• Contracted hours will be 37.5 hours per week, but will need to align to the needs of the club members and use of the club
• Salary will be dependent upon the experience and track-record of the applicant
Please email your CV and covering letter explaining why you believe you are the best person for the job to Andrew Rubio (firstname.lastname@example.org), Geoff Robins (email@example.com) and John Wickens (firstname.lastname@example.org)