Green Built Homes Certification Program Evolving to Encourage Regenerative Design Elements
We are excited to be updating our Green Built Homes certification program this year to incentivize builders to incorporate elements of regenerative design in their projects. Click here to learn more!
Our statewide certification system will evolve beyond its current approach of rewarding features that make homes “less bad” for homeowners and the environment to begin encouraging more regenerative elements that actually improve the world around them.
As Green Built Homes looks toward the next chapter of weaving regenerative elements into its program, it is also celebrating the success of its Net Zero Certification level added in late 2015. In three years, the program has certified 26 Net Zero Energy homes.
See below for information about five Platinum Net Zero Energy projects recently certified by Green Built Homes in November and December of 2018, including a Green Built Homes program record set by Sure Foot Builders for the lowest HERS Index to date!
• Sure Foot Builders: 313 GBH points | HERS -10 | Photos
• Nicholson & Sun: 290 GBH points | HERS 14 | Photos
• Mountain Sun Building & Design: 326 points | HERS - 5 | Photos
• Osada Construction: 307 GBH points | HERS 1 | Photos
• JAG Construction: 286 GBH points | HERS 9 | Photos