AMAZING NEWS! WE ARE 100% SUPPORTED!
A month ago we were 80% supported. For 30 days we asked the Lord in bold faith to take us to 100% support by Easter. This was a big ask because the previous twenty percent (from 60% to 80%) had taken three months.
And guess what?!
On Easter morning, I woke up and checked my email. There it was...the final partner whose gift put us exactly ONE DOLLAR over 100% support. After I shook off the chills that ran down my back and let out a loud shout, all Kim and I could do was praise God. Praise Him in the morning! What a start to Easter! Not only in Christ RISEN, He is also ACTIVE and involved in our lives. He hears prayers and always answers them in accordance with what's best for us and most glorifying to Him.
A Crazy Month Commences
So now that we're at 100%, the next month becomes totally packed with purchasing plane tickets, saying goodbyes, packing up, moving from Cincinnati to Columbus, and then eventually getting us to the airport and off to Bulgaria.
We do not have an exact departure date yet, but will let you know ASAP when we do.
Many more details will follow shortly in a future update, but for now I can summarize like this.
FAITH BIBLE CHURCH, listen up! You're first on the schedule. Here's what you need to know:
- This Sunday (4/3) we are having an Open House Farewell Party at FBC in the gym after second hour. Come right in after 2nd hour and stay as long or as short as you like.
- Pizza lunch provided for your whole family.
- T-shirts available (for free) to supporters who haven't received one yet.
- If you already have a t-shirt, bring it for the...
- GROUP PICTURE will be at approx. 12:45pm. We want this to a massive representation of the massive support we have at FBC, so stay around at least as long as the picture!
- Final opportunity for hugs and goodbyes...this is our last Sunday at FBC :(
Sovereign Grace Bible, Vessel Community, Gethsemane Baptist, Central Baptist, Riverside Bible...we DO plan on making a final 'goodbye' visit with you before we depart...stay tuned! To our partners in Arizona and elsewhere, we regret that we can't make it your way before leaving, but we'd love to Skype or connect in any way.
We cannot thank you all enough for you love and support for us throughout this past year+. We have learned so much and been very encouraged by your letters, gifts, and love. Each of you model Christ in a way that inspires us.
Please be specifically praying for us this next month. We expect a tidal wave of emotions as we say goodbye to so many dear friends while also dealing with alot of logistics (packing, shipping, "what if we forget ________?!")
We love you all deeply, and it is an honor to serve the Lord alongside you and journey together to fulfill the Great Commission.
Don't hesitate to write!