25 February 2021
Welcome to another Highways.Today newsletter.
Yesterday, I published an article from PwC about their Scale Transport 2021 businesses, and news about their launch of a new programme to support transport disruptors who are transforming the transport and mobility industry as it adapts to changing public needs and consumer behaviours post-COVID-19.
The businesses featured include:
- Blackbox Company – The Blackbox Digital CIS platform enhances the passenger journey, supports the frontline staff and enables the control room to be more responsive.
- FlowLedger – This Innovate UK funded MVP web application maximises large and complex project productivity in UK construction and aims to tackle the widening productivity gap against manufacturing head-on.
- Gaist – Gaist monitors and collects data on our road network – providing the information to local authorities so they know which roads are in need of repair.
- Kieka – App-based crowd-sourced real-time transit information platform. Shows you how busy tubes are before you leave home.
- One Big Circle – Intelligent Video Technology specialists who are leaders in the field of video, integration and scalability.
- ONHYS – ONHYS is a company specializing in the modeling and simulation of pedestrian flows , crowd movements and user behaviour in urban spaces
- Razor Secure – Specialists in rail cyber security solutions RazorSecure offers a flexible, hybrid network and host-based approach to railway cyber security. Powered by machine learning and designed to protect rolling stock, signalling and infrastructure systems.
- Six Miles Across London Ltd. – Urban.MASS Ltd is a new mass transit system that carries up to 30,000 pax an hour in each direction on infrastructure that is 50% less expensive that existing alternatives such as monorail, tram or elevated light rail / metro.
- We Build Bots – We Build Bots saves companies time and money by automating services through conversational AI and data analytics.
If you would like to see the scaleups pitch their value propositions at the online Executive Event on the 10th March register your interest here.
The range of technologies and solutions being rolled-out at the moment really are amazing, such as the AI intelligent intersections being introduced by FLIR, that use both cameras and thermal imaging to bring a whole new level of control to junctions.
Thanks again and stay safe.
Anthony Davis - Editor