Hello ELL Community,
Thank you to everyone who provided input into the 2020 Season. It was really helpful when the board met this week to decide what to do. If we can safely have a season: 65% respondents were in to play, 27% might be in and 8% were out. So we are going to continue to wait to see if we can have a modified summer season while providing a method for families to opt out their players now.
What would a 2020 Season look like?
In order to have a season by July 1st, we need Washington State to be in Phase 3 of reopening and to have the school district and city fields available to rent for organized activities. If that happens:
If you want to play in this modified season no action is required.
- Teams would be adjusted because some families will opt out.
- Players will wear their original uniforms, teams could look colorful.
- Games would be during the week only, weekends would be free.
- If you have a few conflicts during the season that is OK.
- The Eastlake LL season would end on August 14.
- If there is a District 9 All Star Tournament after that we would participate at each division where we can field a team.
What are the options to opt out?
If you want to opt your player(s) out of the 2020 Season now that is totally understandable. There are three options for your fees:
If you want to opt out please complete the ELL 2020 Opt Out form, once for EACH of your players you want to opt out.
- 100% Refund
- Apply credit towards 2021 season registration fee
- Donation to Eastlake LL (can be matched by employers)
The system we use is not designed for bulk refunds, so each request needs to be processed manually. We will strive to do it as quickly as possible but don't have a specific timeline as this is our first time through this process.
What is the financial impact of the refunds?
We are very fortunate that because of our community's generosity and the responsible financial management of the ELL Board over the last 29 years, we have a financial cushion set aside in case something happens. Something has definitely happened this year so we are able to and happy to provide the 100% refund option back to our families. If every family opts for the 100% refund, we will still have a financial cushion but it will be smaller. Thank you Eastlake families and sponsors for being so generous with your time and your financial support over the years.
What about next season?
Even though we haven't played this season yet planning is already underway for the 2021 season, starting with setting up our board. Our elections for the 2021 ELL Board are planned for September 2nd. About half of positions have a nominee. However, all board positions are open and there can be multiple nominees. If you are interested in helping out to make the 2021 season happen please reach out to any of our board members. We are also happy to answer any questions you have before (and after) you volunteer.
Board Positions – with a 2021 Nominee
- President – Nicole Steinbok
- VP Softball - Gabe Storment
- VP Instructional Baseball – Justin Stiles
- VP Big Diamond Baseball - Matt Olson
- Umpire in Chief – Kam Rausch
- Safety Officer – Mike Chapman
- Player Agent Competitive Baseball – Toby Coenen
- Player Agent Softball - Aaron Glade
- Field Operations Baseball - Adam Emiliusen
- Procurement Comp. BB - Carmen Zaffarano
- Procurement Instructional BB – Tracy Militello
- Registration Officer - Ajay Jagannathan
Board Positions – without a 2021 Nominee
You can review the Board Role Descriptions here.
- League Secretary
- Coaching Coordinator
- Procurement Softball
- VP Competitive Baseball
- Player Agent Instructional Baseball
- VP Challenger Baseball (new role for 2021)
If you have questions, concerns, or ideas please let me know. I can't wait to see everyone playing softball and baseball when it is safe to do so. Go Eastlake!