Hello ELL Community,
The ELL Board is continuing to plan for a unique 2020 season. Our goal is to get back to playing ball as fast as possible while keeping our community safe by flattening the curve. When we start up we will be maximizing fun and games.
Our target start date is May 11 based on Little League International's recommendation for all 6,500 local leagues in 84 countries across the globe. If things change and we can safely start earlier we will and if we need to cancel we will. We will create a refund plan if we are unable to start up this season. We are really hoping that is not the case.
Here are some fun activities you can do NOW:
- Play with your family. The weather has been amazing. Go outside and play catch, practice fielding, practice batting, or play wiffle ball. For younger kids, you can even start inside playing catch with a rolled up pair of socks, then wiffle balls and gradually move up to a safety ball.
- History: Watch PBS Baseball documentary. Now free thanks to Ken Burns and PBS.
- Math: Do some math based on Softball and Baseball.
- Art: Check out these beautiful Top 12 Softball College Plays.
- Reading: Here are some favs:
- Drama: There are so many amazing baseball movies. My family's favorite is The Rookie (2002) - I smile throughout and tear up in the same two spots every time.
- Play with your family. The activity so nice I am mentioning it twice.
If you have questions, concerns, or ideas please let me know.