Dear <<First Name>>,
The new government advice yesterday includes religious gatherings among those places of social contact that should be avoided.
We will abide by that advice to support and protect the most vulnerable among us by closing down all in-person events and activities that are not essential to serve basic needs. However, nothing will not stop us from being the church, serving God and caring for one another.
We will BE THE CHURCH by practising social distancing to protect the vulnerable:
We will BE THE CHURCH by continuing our ministry during this crisis by:
- All in-person events and activities are cancelled until further notice. This includes worship, choir, Sunday’s AGM, other meetings, and everything else that might bring you to our church building. (Apart from the Soup Kitchen and Cold Weather Shelter, see below.)
- All staff who can work from home will work from home.
- No virus, no protective measures, no closure can stop us petitioning God for peace and healing.
- Nothing in heaven and earth will stop God from delivering to us love, grace and the peace that passes understanding.
- Offering essential services to those in need
- As of today, the Cold Weather Shelter will remain open Wednesdays, March 18 and 25.
- As of today, the Soup Kitchen continues serving takeaway meals to guests Monday through Saturday from 10-12.
- If you have any symptoms or are vulnerable and need to practice shielding, please cancel your volunteer commitment.
- If you are able to volunteer and step in for those who need to cancel, please contact Jonathan (email@example.com).
- This plan could change at any time, and we will continue to follow government advice.
- Worshipping together online via Facebook Livestream on Sunday morning at 11:00 a.m.
- Sending our People’s Messiah Daily Devotionals through Easter, for a daily bit of word and music to sustain us in faith.
- Supporting one another as a community through this crisis.
- Our ministry team has plans in place to make weekly individual contact with each household in our community for the duration of these measures, either by call, text or e-mail. When we reach out, reach back! Tell us how you are doing, how we can pray and support you. (Contact details below.)
- You are encouraged to call, text and e-mail one another, check up on your friends and especially those who may be vulnerable and isolated.
- Launching new online gatherings in the coming weeks to sustain one another and grow in faith and community through this. Stay tuned!
- Supporting the refugee family we welcomed to London two months ago. If you or anyone you know speaks Arabic and would be available in person or over the phone during this period, please contact Jonathan.
- Giving generously to continue to support the church’s ministry.
- We know these are uncertain financial times, and we ask those who are able to maintain or even increase their giving to the church so we can support those who need it in the weeks and months ahead.
- Our bank details:
Beneficiary: The American Church in London
Sort Code: 40-05-16
Account Number: 81651498
Please also note to email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we are able to track your donation.
As of now, there are Latchcourt clients still using the building for private hire, and the food market remains open. That is likely to change before the end of the week, as decisions follow government advice on a day-by-day basis. The building is CLOSED for all public events, and most staff are working at distance. Please do not stop by the church, but do reach out to us by phone or email.
These are anxious and difficult times, and we are experiencing something none of us have seen in our lifetimes. Yet the church of Christ has survived pandemics and plagues before, and has endured. God “was, and is, and ever shall be.” Nothing can separate us from the love of God, and on this we stake our hope.
With prayer and social distance,
On behalf of our Council and Ministry Team
Reach out to us:
Jennifer Mills-Knutsen, email@example.com, 0780 143 7133
Jared Jaggers, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0756 568 7333
Jonathan Miller, email@example.com, 0752 235 5669
Scott Stroman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Church Office: email@example.com