CONNECT: CIRCLE SUPPORT & RESOURCES | SUMMER EDITION RECAP
Thank you to all the attendees who joined us in person on August 11th for our Circle Support & Resources Event. This event was focused on Diversity and Inclusion and how to create psychologically safe to ask questions and learn about the invisible barriers that others experience without fear. Thank you for coming and joining the conversation!
Seven small Circles from the event will be meeting over the next three months to learn more about D&I concepts and the life experiences of others. Plan to join us at the next Connect event on November 10 to hear about their experience and learnings! Attendees made agreements to create psychological safety within their Circles and asked highly valuable questions which are listed below.
D&I CIRCLE DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
- We are all here to learn. We genuinely care about one another. We know that we will make mistakes in this process, and ask for grace when we make mistakes.
- It is okay to not answer a question that is asked.
- If someone shares a perspective with you and asks for feedback, they are putting themselves in a vulnerable position. Please respond in the meaningful conversation, no ghosting!
- What is a Circle - Circles Overview
- What is the difference between equality and equity? Should D&I efforts lead to equality or equity?
- What is the decision-making process for disclosing a disability at work? How can you support a colleague going through this?
- Have you noticed that conversations about advancing gender equality are/are not talking about race and ethnicity? What does a model of racial equity look like? How can we enroll people into having meaningful conversations about these elements of identity?
- When speaking about invisible barriers, how can we approach conversations with self-reflection and self-awareness to reduce defensive responses?
- Focusing on Feedback, Focusing on Feedback -Discussion Guide
- What is the role of male-identified individuals in the effort to #MoveWomenForward?
- Lean In Together
- What methods of monitoring and self-monitoring airtime work best in your group?
- Team Dynamics - Airtime Training, Team Dynamics - Discussion Guide
for providing a venue for our community to meet.
Find and tag yourself and friends on Facebook
in our event photos by Lean In Seattle’s Photographer, Nadezda Zavitaeva.
We are currently transcribing the videos from the events so that all videos will have captioning. As soon as this process is complete, we will share the videos to our Facebook Page
and LinkedIn Group