The Camp Fire Changed Everything
The Paradise CampFire changed everything. Literally, EVERYTHING. Like the housing collapse of 2007, we will forever put things into context based on pre- and post-fire. Those first few days were horrific. For those that escaped, the trauma that they endured was unimaginable. For those of us waiting for our friends and family to answer their cell phones or arrive at the bottom of the hill. . .well it was the longest day of our lives. And then shock and uncertainty set in. For days, the fire raged on and the residents of Paradise had no idea if their homes were still standing. Most of us sat glued to the news all weekend. Then Monday came and we began to check on our friends and clients. The stories of escape and the loss was truly horrifying. Our hearts broke both with and for our neighbors in Paradise.
Early in the week following the fire, the first wave hit. . rentals and hotel rooms were full and every house on the market went “Pending”. We began to realize our house guests weren’t going anywhere anytime soon. Insurance companies began making payouts and the housing market was (and still is) flooded with cash buyers. So, here is where we stood right before Christmas. Things are changing so fast, we will provide another update soon...
- 262 Homes in Chico are “Pending”
- 285 Homes have listed since the fire.
- 129 Homes have closed that went into contract 11/9/18 or later.
- In the days following the fire, inventory dropped to an all-time low of ~ 50 homes.
- Currently, there are 120 homes on the market.
- Prices have increased 11.56 % to an average home price of $417,006.
So now what?...