"Evaluation and Lightweighting of Glass Container Designs" in-person training seminar will be conducted on November 16 & 17.
Participants will learn key design principles necessary to achieve acceptable bottle performance. Skills are taught that can be used to evaluate finite element analysis (FEA) of new concept designs. In addition, improvements in existing designs and techniques for lightweighting container will be covered.
Topics to be covered:
This in-person seminar will be held on our Butler, PA Campus. Learn more or register HERE.
- The Principles of Design and Performance Requirements
- The Effect of Loads and Stresses as they relate to Bottle Design Issues
- Establishing Glass Surface Strength Criteria and the Selection of
- Strength Indices
- Design Sensitivities
- Lightweighting opportunities, advantages and thickness distribution considerations
- Impact Equivalence
- Bottle Design Workshops and Case Studies