Because of the potential for overlap it is important you follow our directions carefully to ensure your safety and our own.
Please read the following to ensure you know what to expect from receiving a treatment during this pandemic before booking an appointment.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
There will be some changes to the way appointments are scheduled and some new procedures for arriving to your appointment to keep you safe. Thank you for your patience.
- You will be virtually screened for your risk of COVID-19 by receiving an email with a secure link to a virtual form to fill out two days before your appointment.
(This must be done prior to every appointment.)
- Please fill this out honestly and submit it to your RMT right away to ensure your eligibility to be seen.
- We do not require proof of vaccination but will ask your vaccination status and appropriate follow up questions based on your answer.
ARRIVING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Ensure you arrive alone.
If you are unable to arrive alone, the person accompanying you will be screened, asked to provide their name and phone number for contact tracing purposes, and to wear a mask or wait in the vehicle.
- Arrive as close to your appointment time as possible.
- Please wait in your car or outside until your RMT is ready to begin your treatment.
DO NOT COME TO THE DOOR
We may be waiting for another client to leave before we call you in order to minimize your contact with others, so please be patient and remain in your car until we've called you and rest assured we will make sure you have the full length of your appointment in such circumstances, however if you arrive exactly on time the appointment will still be ending at the scheduled time.
- Your RMT will call you a few moments before your scheduled start time to verbally prescreen you a second time and then if you screen negative invite you in for your treatment. (This and the emailed screening must be done prior to any person entering the clinic and therefor before each and every appointment).
- Please only come to your appointment if you feel well and healthy. (See bottom of page for more.)
WHEN YOU ARRIVE FOR YOUR MASSAGE THERAPY APPOINTMENT
- Allow the therapist to open and close the door for you.
- Sanitize your hands as soon as you enter (or wash if visibly soiled).
- See that the waiting room looks a bit different, with any seats spaced two meters apart (seats may also be removed) and you won’t see things like magazines, candies or a water service, which are difficult to disinfect. (Please remain socially distant from any other persons you may encounter while on site).
- Please leave your shoes at the entrance area and bring all other personal belongings, coats, hats, etc. into the treatment room with you.
- Please ensure your phone is turned to silent or off so it does not disturb you or any other clients during their treatment times.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
While the treatment will remain as normal as possible, there will be a couple of changes:
- You will be asked to wear your mask during the treatment and the entire time you are on the property.
(if you have any concerns about wearing the mask please speak with your RMT directly prior to the appointment and they will use their professional judgement to make a decision based on the potential risks of exposure vs. the potential reward from receiving treatment).
- Your RMT will also be wearing a mask at all times.
- Like normal, before and after the treatment concludes, your RMT will wash their hands (including forearms and elbows) with soap and water before AND after disinfecting and laundering.
AFTER THE APPOINTMENT
After your appointment and as you go to pay and leave the clinic, things will be a little different as well:
While you are not receiving your treatment, you should maintain a 2 meter distance from your RMT and any other persons at all times possible.
- If you’ve gotten paper receipts in the past, we will encourage you to go paperless if possible (to discourage any touching of shared surfaces).
- We encourage non-contact forms of payment if possible
- e-transfer is preferred and you will receive your receipt as soon as the RMT receives payment
- Exact cash in an envelope
- Tap with a debit card or credit card
- After you leave, the RMT will then clean and disinfect anything used or touched during the appointment and re-wash their hands.
BEHIND THE SCENES
There are a lot of things that RMTs will be doing behind the scenes to keep their patients safe. This includes:
- Changing linens, blankets and pillows between patients which will be washed and dried on the highest heat setting possible.
- Cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces (e.g. light switches, door knobs, counter tops, etc.) between every single client/appointment not just the minimum standard of "at least twice per day".
- Disinfecting the treatment room and all of its equipment between patients. This includes but is not limited to; the massage table, face cradles, arm rests, stool and chairs, oil bottle, all tables and countertops as well as any and all tools and accessories used. Like always, any face cradle cover along with all linens used are changed and washed after each patient.
- There will be signage at entrances and reception areas that outline the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, what to do if one is at risk, and how to limit transmission.
- RMTs are required to:
- Prioritize patients with more essential/urgent care needs.
"Massage Therapy treatment is considered essential when the client’s overall health or function would considerably decline if treatment were not provided (i.e. lead to hospitalization or other serious health consequences);"
- Limit the number of in-person visits they see in total.
For both your safety and theirs.
- Determine whether it is best to provide treatment by weighing the potential harm that could be done to the client (e.g. contracting COVID-19 and/or spreading it within their community) against the potential benefit of the treatment.
- You will notice that there is more time between available appointments. This is because the RMT needs more time between patients to complete all cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
- If you wish to know; your RMT will tell you about all public health measures they have implemented and a document outlining such will be on the front desk.