Here is a quick list of steps that I take in consideration of and respect for everyone’s health and safety:
- My constant cleaning practices are even more focused than ever. You will most likely notice me wiping down every surface we have come into contact with during your session, and then some, just in case.
- My hands will be washed with soap & water for at least 30 seconds before and after our session. Like everyone, I’m doing my best not to touch my face but if I do- I’ll use hand sanitizer immediately. We will be practicing our jazz hands, elbow bumps, or curtseying greetings instead of our usual hugs. Please feel free to let me know which you prefer….
- At both my Arcadia and home studio, I am frequently disinfecting all surfaces that anyone comes in to contact with including but not limited to; doorbells, door handles, faucet handles, toilet handles, chairs, my phone, etc.
- I always have hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, and disinfecting spray out for these cleaning practices. In both locations, there is a sink in the bathroom and always plenty of high quality soap and paper hand towels. Please do not hesitate to use them at any time, and I invite you to wash your hands thoroughly upon your arrival as well before you leave. If you have any questions or concerns, please bring them up. I don’t want anyone to feel unsafe, nervous, or uncomfortable.
- The products I use contain alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, and castille soap. Everything I have read reassures me that the formula I use will sanitize and disinfect effectively.
- You may notice the distinct smell of thieves oil on me or coming from my diffuser. Here’s a link that explains some of the benefits of using thieves oil.
- All the towels and pillowcases are used only once then washed in hot water with detergent and oxy clean. Please leave the gathering of used linens and placement in the laundry hamper up to me, there's no need for anyone to inadvertently touch any previously used linens.
- I am practicing frequent hand washing and social distancing, as well as a myriad of other things to boost my immune system and stay as healthy as possible. I am vigilant of the differences between my usual allergy & asthma symptoms and when it is something different. I promise to reschedule, cancel, and do whatever needs to be done to keep everyone safe if I feel any cause for concern.
For the immediate future, I am suspending the 24-hour cancellation policy in the specific instance of unexpected last minute illness. I implore you to use this temporary exemption mindfully and to give as much notice as possible. (as soon as you experience symptoms that may concern you enough to cancel your session) This option is only applicable in the case of last-minute illness. The time you book is reserved for you up until the moment you notify me otherwise. Please be aware that the stability of Pippa’s Pilates & Stretch depends upon clients consistently showing up for their appointments.
If you are concerned or anxious about going out in public, you can always opt to have a ”mat pilates” lesson via FaceTime or Zoom. We can customize the time to meet your needs whether it be guided stretching, rolling out, or a mat Pilates workout. If you have any questions, or would like to book that type of session, please click here.
Some Helpful Articles & Links:
Truce (the cleaning products I use and highly recommend)
Need some fun hand washing inspiration?