Madawaska Valley is a healthy, growing, and culturally-rich community which values the contribution that residents and business owners make towards providing affordable and accessible amenities and an unparalleled quality of life.
The Township of Madawaska Valley is following the Provincial Guidelines set out in the stage 2 framework.
• All Municipal Boat Launches
• Public Washrooms are open at the Combermere Boat Launch, Combermere Mayflower Park, Crooked Slide Park, Barry’s Bay Lakeshore Park
• All Municipal Parks are open for walking
• All beaches are open
Lakeshore Tennis Courts are open – memberships are available through the Municipal Office until June 30 and at the Lakeshore Tennis Club House at the beginning of July.
CLOSED UNDER PROVINCIAL ORDER
• All playground equipment, including swings, track rides etc.
• Outdoor exercise equipment
• Paul J. Yakabuski Community Centre
• Combermere Community Centre
CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
• Combermere Craft Cabin
• Combermere Mission House Museum
• Madawaska Valley Swim Program
• Barry’s Bay Triathlon
• Huntington’s Disease Volley Ball Tournament
• Madawaska Valley Summer Studio Tour
• Madawaska Valley Artisan Festival
• Barry’s Bay Farmers Market relocated to Hwy 62/John Street behind municipal office Fridays from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Combermere Farmers Market at the corner of Mill Street and Highway 62 Saturdays 8:00 a.m to 11:30 a.m.
The annual Canada Day fireworks display has been postponed until Saturday, September 5, 2020, at dusk at Lakeshore Park. People will be asked to physical distance from each other and if possible to stay in their vehicles to watch the display.
MUNICIPAL OFFICE: The Township of Madawaska Valley Municipal Office will open to the public (under the Provincial Guidelines) on July 6, 2020. Appointments are necessary; please call ahead to book your appointment. Please follow the posted signs, once you attend the office. Public Meetings will continue to be electronically until the Provincial Emergency Order is lifted.
Tax and water/wastewater payments can be made directly through your bank and a drop box is available at the municipal office at the left of the main door. All patrons will be asked to sign the visitor log and are encouraged to wear masks.
LANDFILL SITES: Regular Hours- no restrictions
Waste site tags can be purchased at Barry's Bay Esso & C-Store, Barry's Bay Shell, Barry's Bay Ultramar, Herron's Store and CO Country Market
REMINDER: Starting July 1st, penalty & interest will once again be added to any unpaid Interim tax installments that were due at the end of March and April. Council had passed a resolution on April 7th that penalty & interest would be waived on the Interim taxes, from April 1st to June 30 and on current water/wastewater billings until September 5, 2020.
Madawaska Valley Public Library
The government recently announced phase 2 for opening business in some sectors. Libraries are still under restrictions that do not allow for patrons to come in, browse and select items to borrow. What we can offer is a “Take-out” service that only requires you to have a membership. You can request books or DVDs by:
1. Searching the online catalog at www.madawaskavalleylibrary.ca and placing a reserve on your selected books / DVDs
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the books or DVDs you wish to take out.
3. Call 613-756-2000 to request a book or DVD.
Staff will monitor reserves and requests on the online catalog and are at the library to take your phone call or respond to your email request. Requested items will be pulled from the shelves, checked out to your account and packaged. When your order is ready, staff will notify you. All you need to do is pick up your take out order between 3 – 5, Monday to Friday when the Front Door to the library will be open.
Beginning June 22nd, the public computers will be available by booking in advance for a 30-minute session. To book a computer call 613-756-2000 or email email@example.com
Interlibrary loans have been reinstated. Call or email your requests.
The Book Drop is open – you can now return any outstanding items. The book return is to the left of the front door.
Children’s Programs: We will not be able to offer programs on-site as we have in the past. However, we do have some great options.
Our talented Summer Reading Club Coordinator Julia has lots of fun activities planned. She is working hard to provide activities for pickup in addition to fun online activities. Check out our online programs at http://madvalleyreads.readsquared.com.
Continue to check the Municipal website, www.madawaskavalley.ca, and social media sites for updates and changes.
The Township is currently at a LEVEL 1 FIRE BAN – This allows for campfires and fireworks. Fire permits will not be issued.