NEWS FROM THE
The Regional Coaches scheduling meeting has been scheduled! Here is the info that has been sent out by Nina, our Games & Tournaments Coordinator:
Date: Thursday, Sep 29th
Time: 7:30 pm
Place: Mainway Arena, Burlington
What Coaches Need to Know:
1. Please come prepared with 4 - 6 ice times for your home games.
2. We will be supplying "Summary Sheets" for you to record your games on and will scan these so you can take the originals with you (no need to copy).
3. We will provide a representative who will work with each age division to assist you with the game scheduling.
4. For teams pkaying in Central, you will need to supply 2 home ice times for the cross-over play
5. If a Coach is unable to attend, pls have them send a delegate or notify myself AND their Assoc. President so we can be aware of this before scheduling begins.
6. DO NOT schedule any games prior to the meeting on as we will be massaging the schedules and opponents to reduce any duiceation.
Any questions pls let me know.
Southern Region needs an AAA Head Coach!
In continuing to recognize the importance of Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) in Southern Region, Elite Development and Coaching Development are excited to announce that the Southern AAA program will be a TWO year program for 2016-2018. Please find more details here.
Application Deadline is Oct 15, 2016
Interviews expected to be at the end of October
Please send applications to:
Teena Dowd (Coaching) email@example.com AND
Christina Moores (Elite) firstname.lastname@example.org
New FAQ's on PD (Professional Development)
Q - Does a Provincial Trainer that has CSI or CI, need to comply with the PD points requirements?
A - If a trainer would like to keep their CSI/CI status and be able to move from trainer to coach at some point then yes they must complete PD.
Q - Does an Open BB coach or lower need to comply with the PD points requirements?
A - If a coach is listed as a coach at any level and want to use their CI/CSI coaching levels to remain in that role they will need to complete PD. If an Open BB coach does not wish to renew their CI/CSI status then they will have to complete the requirements to move to Manager or Trainer and no longer be listed as Coach.
Reminder to sign up for the next PD course:
Hindsight 20/20 of a National Ringette Coach (Michel Goguen)
Defensive Triangle and Breakout (Heather Livingstone)
Officiating: Philosophy, Theory, and Relationships (Rob Ellis)
Oct 19, 2016
Iceland Arena, Mississauga
This cost of this course is $20/coach.
You can bring either cash or cheque payable to Southern Region Ringette.
Please email me to confirm attendance at email@example.com
with your name/Association/team
All clinics are now online. You can sign up online at coachingringette.ca
Please note: there is a workbook that needs to be completed before you can register for Intro to Coaching Ringette or the Competition Introduction (CI) courses.
Reference Materials: Intro to Coaching Ringette Competition Introduction (CI)