Welcome to the new term of fencing at Cavaliers!
Registration links for Bladez, Beginners, and junior/senior term memberships are below. The next beginners course (age 13+) starts on Saturday 18th July at 2:30pm, and the next Bladez term (age 9-12) starts on Saturday 25th July at 1pm.
If you have already registered for the whole of 2020, please have a look at the info below, though you won't need the registration links. Unless you know someone else who'd like to try fencing for themselves - in which case, feel free to pass the links along! And remember that your term 2 fees will be credited towards 2021.
Info for term 3
For all fencers, there are a few pointers to follow this term:
As always, short trousers = no fencing. If you want to be able to do more than fitness and some drills, make sure your trousers end below your knee (including when you lunge)!
- You will need to enter the venue via the lift, which is accessible from the car park underneath the gym. All other doors will be locked.
- Maintain social distancing.
- We do ask you to sign in on arrival, in keeping with our and ECU's COVID-safe plan.
- Provide your own water bottle. Water fountains can be used to refill bottles but should not be drunk from.
- Picking up fencers, particularly those under 16: on Saturday afternoons, the lift will be closed before fencing ends. Please pick up children from the north entrance at the listed time because we will need to open the doors as guardians arrive. On Wednesday nights, the lift can be used.
To register for the beginners course starting on 18th July, go to https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?E=34443 and follow the prompts. On the first day, please arrive ten minutes before the start time (2:30pm).
What you need to bring
You will need running shoes and sports-suitable clothes, including leggings/tracksuit pants or similar that go well below your knees in length. This is for safety reasons - short trousers means no fencing! Though you can still join in some drills and learn by watching.
Bring a water bottle with you, and a towel can also be useful.
Junior & Senior Members
If you have already registered upfront for 2020, there is nothing more to do - just rock up at a session! It has been great to see so many of you fencing already. If you hire equipment from the club but have not yet been allocated kit to care for, please contact our Vice President Drew Foley when you arrive at the club.
If you registered for term one, your next term's fees are now due. Please register at https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?E=37362 and follow the prompts. Please select Junior - Term 3 (available soon) or Senior - Term 3 under "Year 2020".
Bladez (ages 9-12)
- Make sure each child brings their own water bottle.
- Remember: long pants and running shoes!
- If you are paying by term, you will need to register online again. More information below.
- Normally we ask a guardian to stay during the session, but to help with social distancing in keeping with our COVID-safe plan, we are encouraging a drop-off, pick-up approach.
- Arrival: 12:55pm at the lift. Please let us know by Friday if you will be arriving late.
- Pickup: 2:10pm at the north entrance. This door will be locked but we will have someone at the door so the kids can come out when they see you!
If you and your child(ren) are considering fencing and would like to speak with coaches before starting a term, please come along a few minutes before the first session starts at 1pm on 25th July. We'll be happy to discuss it with you, and you can see a session in action as well.
To register for term three of Bladez, starting on 25th July, use the 2020 registration link: https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?E=37362. Make sure you select Bladez - Term 3 payment under "Year 2020", like in the screenshot below.
If this is your first term for 2020, you will also need to affiliate with Fencing WA - this covers insurance etc for you and the club. It is an annual fee, so if you affiliated in term one, there is no need to do it again this year.
If you registered yourr child(ren) up front for the whole of 2020, there is no need to re-register with the club. And you will also be credited for term 2 in 2021, due to the COVID-19 shutdown last term.
Looking forward to seeing you all on the piste soon!
If you have questions or hit any problems with registering, please email us at ECUcavaliers@gmail.com