During the last week we have had some serious criminal incidents occurring in the Hill neighborhood and other surrounding areas.
These criminal incidents include:
- A person being shot in the chest during a robbery in the 5400 block of Odell next to Sublette Park
- A double shooting that occurred in the neighborhood just north of Forest Park where one of the victim's was killed
- An attempt rape in the Hill neighborhood where the suspect was armed with a gun
- Another attempt rape at the intersection of Hereford and Potomac where the suspect was armed with a gun
- An individual who was the victim of a group of kids playing the knockout game in the Soulard neighborhood.
These are all very disturbing incidents and should make everyone realize the dangerous times we live in.
Stay Alert and Protect yourself!!
During the Holiday season, it's safe to say we will see an increase in crime everywhere, not just in the City of St. Louis. Please take the necessary precautions to help reduce your risk of becoming a target of these criminals and know that our department is doing everything we can do to keep the community safe.
During the Holiday season, please consider the following suggestions .
- shopping online
- shop during the daylight hours if you have to go to the mall.
- Go with a family member or with friend(s) and park near the store if possible.
- Please stay off the phone and pay attention when entering/exiting your vehicle.
- Ask security to walk you to your vehicle when leaving the shopping mall.
These are all simple steps you can take to insure your safety!