Uniquely Brilliant Podcast
Diana and Becky discuss their words for the year: Wonder and Steady and how they deploy the words to keep them on track.
- Diana’s word-of-the-year is Wonder.
- Becky’s is Steady.
- Expectation is the opposite of wonder because it pre-supposes an outcome.
- Wonder gives us the freedom to allow things to unfold.
- Having a framework for making decisions helps us capture the wonder in our lives.
- Some of us feel like we need rigid structure and miss out on wonder and the possibilities it offers.
- Wonder grows in a flexible structure.
- Expectations make our world smaller.
- Wonder can be a concrete thought or a sense.
- Expectations skew our perspective because when things don’t meet our expectations, we find ourselves automatically assuming they’re bad.
- Steady implies movement, where settle implies stuck.
- Our words-of-the-year help us stay focused and deflate the influence of expectations.
Stamp of Brilliance - To experience wonder, say yes!