Uniquely Brilliant Podcast
• We’re trained to give away our gifts (talents).
Becky and Diana talk about the different values we place on our gifts (talents) and our skills.
• Just because our gifts come easily to us doesn’t mean they come easy to everybody.
• If our talents aren’t valued by certain people, we don’t feel valued by them either.
• Our talents (gifts) set us apart from people with similar skills.
• What did you want to be when you grew up?
• Do companies really hire for soft skills?
• It’s important to not take the hiring process personally.
• We can intentionally determine how much of our talent we want to give away (Becky has a budget for this).
• Sometimes giving our talents away for free doesn't mean we can’t have a larger payout.
• We have to identify and name our gifts and talents so we recognize when we’re giving them away.