Uniquely Brilliant Podcast
Click the link below to hear this episode.
Available on YouTube, iTunes, Soundcloud, and Google.
Episode 117: The Funk
Even with a calendar full of positive events, Becky, so she and Diana hash out why.
- The Funk can occur even when everything is going great.
- When we leave no margin in our lives for downtime and reflection, we can slip into a funk out of sheer self-preservation.
- Happiness Hangovers occurs as a reminder to slow down.
- The Funk can also be viewed as growing pains.
- We can find the time we need to deal with an emergency, so, we need to make time for downtime so we don’t cause one.
- If we take in too much, even really great stuff, we will probably explode or implode.
- The sheer overwhelm of everyday noise, including things unfinished or pushed aside, wears us down.
- Fragmented energy makes us feel out of control.
- Knowing how much change we can deal with can help us limit our time in The Funk.