1. Your story will be told. You owe it to yourself and your industry to share why you do what you do.
2. No one can share your story like you can.
3. Make your story personal. People connect with people. Put a face on it.
- Are visual learners. Share your story in pictures, videos and bullet points.
- Will be the largest consuming population in 2017.
- Are the largest percentage of the workforce.
- Are the most connected but are the least informed.
- Are you ready for the millennials?
5. Avoid an "us vs. them" mentality and focus exclusively on the common intersections -- the love of food, family-run businesses, our culture's love of the cowboy. Find common ground to share your story.
6. Every day that you do not engage a marketer or an activist defines you to a skeptical public.
7. You can’t complain if you don’t engage. We have the tools; now let’s use them.
8. “Only dead fish go with the flow." Let’s go against the flow and share our positive story.
9. Creating a plan, developing a routine is how you will reach your commitment of sharing your story one hour a week
10. 4C Summit the event is over for 2016, but the work has just begun. Go out, make a difference and SHARE YOUR STORY.