What’s in store for 2018?
I’m so glad you asked! The WBC line-up for 2018 is sure to interest you and other professional women that you encounter every day (click here for complete calendar).
The Skinny on Business Card Exchanges
In the last few years, we have charged $10 for our business card exchanges. To “make up” for the charge, we gave you a free drink. We used to always have free business card exchanges, but found that many people would SAY they were coming, but then didn’t show up.
What many people don’t realize is that we negotiate with the restaurants to provide us happy hour pricing and FREE FOOD. When we let a restaurant know that we are expecting 25 people, they prepare food for that many people. We also let them know that we encourage members to stay after the event to enjoy dinner in their restaurant. So when only 10 show up, they have wasted time and food - and the WBC looks bad.
So here’s the deal…we’re going to have FREE business card exchanges for the first quarter of 2018!!!
What we ask in return is that you:
Please note that cancellation fees apply for “no shows” without 24 hours advance notice.
- SHOW UP when you have already RSVP’d "yes"
- Get another professional woman to come as your guest (they will be free as well, but can only come to 3 events in a 24 month period before membership is required)
- Consider sponsoring a business card exchange
As a new benefit to our Members, you may now post your special events onto the WBC online calendar! To post your event, click here
(you'll have to log in as a member) and select “Add New Event”
Rockstar Luncheon Line-Up
- You will be prompted to fill in the details
- Once it’s submitted, our admin will review to make sure it doesn’t conflict with an already-scheduled WBC event
- Be sure to share the calendar link to your circle of influence!
Here are some of the topics we’ll be covering in 2018 with dynamic speakers:
- Getting yourself organized
- What can you do for local non-profits
- Women’s health
- Speed Networking
- Golf Etiquette
- Estate Planning
- Financial Health Panel Discussion
- Civic Education on Gerrymandering
This will be the last President’s Message from yours truly. I am excited to continue to grow the WBC under Danielle Yoch’s leadership in 2018!
Owner, Blue Dog Printing & Design
Outgoing President, Women’s Business Connection