Where is it?
Title: Transparent and accountable cities: innovative solutions for municipal management and finance
Date: 8 to 10th, February 2017
Place: Madrid, Spain
Organized by: FMDV, UN-Habitat and FEMP (Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces)
In partnership with: UCLG Comittee of Digital and Knowledge-Based Cities, Transparency International
How to participate?
Profile: The workshop will gather 60 representatives of: local governments, network of cities, international and civil society organizations, research centers, private sector, and national ministries of different countries.
Deadline: December 15th
Grants: A limited number of grants are available to support travel and accommodation for speakers wishing to present their experience.
What will be the conversation about?
Cities and partners will share experiences and tools regarding the use of SMART technologies to:
- improve transparency of municipal action and finances.
- fight corruption and fraud in urban development and management.
- build trust between citizen and administration.
- strengthen communication channels with the citizen.
- increase citizens' participation in city management.