Hello everyone! Valentine's Day is right around the corner and love is in the air! <3 <3 <3
We had our monthly February PTO meeting last evening, here are some of the highlights of what was discussed:
Two new assemblies have been scheduled! The Franklin Institute will be visiting Ross Elementary and Lake-Noxen Elementary in on Friday, 2/24 for an interactive STEM assembly. Then on Wednesday, 3/8 WBRE's Stefano DiPietro will be visiting Ross Elementary to talk about weather and meteorology.
The Wizards' Game was an amazing, wasn't it? We brought in over $3k through ticket sales, sponsorships, raffles, 50/50 and concession stand sales. This total will be split among the 3 elementary schools. Since this fundraiser was a huge success, we will be doing it again next school year. The tentative date selected was 1/13/18 (weather permitting of course).
We're right around the corner from field trip season. Consider this your friendly reminder to get your clearances in if you haven't done so already. Links to the clearances can be found on our website. Once completed, the clearances are good for 5 years.
PTO Vice President
- The District Wide Family Skate Night that was postponed, is TONIGHT Tuesday, February 7th from 6 PM – 8 PM at the Dallas Rollaway. The cost is $10.00 per family which includes all rentals. Parents/Guardians MUST stay with children.
- Book Fair is here! February 7-9. Dates and times are as follows: Tuesday, February 7th: 8:30 am 5-1 / 9am 5-2 / 9:30am 3-1 / 10am 6-1 / 10:30am 6-2 / 12:30pm K-2 / 1pm K-1...Wednesday, February 8th: 8:30am 1-1 / 9am 1-2 / 9:30am 4-1 / 10am 4-2 / 2pm 2-2 / 2:30pm 2-1. Thursday, February 10th will be a make up day
- Spirit Day is on February 10th! Wear red and hearts!
- Lake Lehman Theatre will be holding a Book Fair Fundraiser @ Barnes & Noble (Arena Hub Plaza). Please join us for Story Time with the princesses on Thursday Feb. 9th @ 6:30 PM and on Saturday Feb. 11th @ 11 AM at the Arena Hub Location. A percent of IN STORE sales Feb 9th through Feb 11th will benefit our upcoming show. Vouchers will be at all registers. Use Voucher # 12076980 for online purchases through February 16th.
- Northwest Little League registration is being held on Saturday, February 11 from 10am-2pm at the Northwest Area High School Cafeteria. Click here to see a copy of the flier.
- There is a Cadet Band meeting on February 14th at 7pm in the H.S. cafeteria. Upcoming fundraising opportunities will be discussed.
- On Saturday, February 25th, there is a monthly BINGO to support the LJE PTO at the Jackson Township Fire Department. Doors open at 6 PM with games starting at 7 PM. Ten regular games for $10. Monthly Special games. Food and Beverages will be available for purchase at the hall along with 50/50s.
- On Sunday, February 26th, the Lake-Lehman Foundation is hosting a Bowl-A-Thon from 1-4pm at Back Mountain Bowl (3555 Memorial Hwy, Dallas). $60 for a team of 4 bowlers - includes 2 games, shoe rental, 2 slices of pizza and soda. Please click here to see the flier.
- The Franklin Institute will be visiting Ross Elementary in on Friday, 2/24 for an interactive assembly! Roll, slide, and spin! Investigate the basic physics of motion in this interactive show. They’ll use rubber balls, bricks, and wooden blocks to introduce and understand Newton’s Laws of Motion. Then, witness these laws in action in a lever, pulley, and student-driven hover car.
- There are two new Daisies troops in the area looking to recruit Kindergarten - First Grade girls to their troops. The Lake-Lehman Northwest Girl Scouts Troop 32906 and also Troop 32624 in Hunlock Creek. Click on each of the respective links to see a copy of the flier.
- Our next PTO meeting will be Monday, March 6th at 6:30pm in the Ross cafeteria. We are looking for nominees for President and Secretary - if you are interested or know of anyone who is, let us know!
- WBRE's Stefano DiPietro will be visiting Ross Elementary on Wednesday, 3/8 to talk about weather and meteorology. More information can be found here: http://www.pahomepage.com/stefano-at-school.
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc.
- Our yearbook coordinator needs your help! If you have pictures from any events at the school, please email them to email@example.com - or if you know you can be at an event, please take pictures. As hard as she tries, she cannot be at every event and get pictures!
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K'NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off at Back-To-School night. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Don't forget to keep collecting your Boxtops for Education. They can be dropped off in the collection boxes in the front lobby! We are also participating in Price Chopper's Tools for Schools, so if you have a Price Chopper card please sign your card up - every purchase earns us points for classroom equipment!
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their webpage which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible! Thanks!