I hope that your holiday decorating, shopping and celebrating is going well. It's hard to believe that Hanukkah gets underway this evening, and Christmas is two weeks away. The PTO elves have been busy planning out some new fundraisers and assemblies to benefit the good little boys and girls of Ross Elementary.
First, we'd like to mention the success of some of our past fundraisers. The spirit wear sale made $475. All spirit wear should have been delivered on December 7th. If you did not receive it, please let us know so we can put you in touch with the committee. The 5th and 6th grade dance was held on Friday, Dec 1. It was a huge success, almost 100% attendance. We had tons of donations! Made $337 and spent $220.
Our next PTO meeting is on Monday, January 8, 2018 at 6:30pm in the Ross Cafeteria. Have a safe and happy holiday season and see you next year!
- Ross is currently collecting household supplies for the Catherine McAuley house. The Catherine McAuley house, located in Plymouth, provides a safe, temporary shelter for women and children in crisis. A paper was sent home with a list of suggested items they are in need of. The collection will continue until December 22nd. Any questions contact Mrs. Jarnot 570-477-4308.
- There will be a LuLaRoe fundraiser on December 12th from 3-6pm setup at Ross.
- The Harlem Wizards will be visiting Ross for a quick assembly on Thursday, December 14th from 1:25-1:45pm.
- There is an early dismissal on Friday, December 15th.
- Kindergarten Readiness programs are as follows: Math Readiness and Nutrition: Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 9:00am; Pre-Registration: Thursday, February 15, 2018 starting at 9:00am.
- There is an early dismissal on Friday December 22nd. Also, Santa will be visiting Ross to make his rounds before the holidays. I hope you’ve all been good boys and girls!
- Our Next PTO meeting is Monday, January 8, 2018 at 6:30pm in the Ross Cafeteria.
- SAVE THE DATE – The Harlem Wizards will be back bringing their new show to Lake-Lehman High School on Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 6:30pm.
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc. All upcoming field trips dates/locations have been posted to our Field Trip page.
- Our yearbook coordinator needs your help! If you have pictures from any events at the school, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org – or if you know you can be at an event, please take pictures. As hard as she tries, she cannot be at every event and get pictures! We are also looking for people who are interested in co-chairing for yearbook, please let us know if you would like more information
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K’NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Don’t forget to keep collecting your Boxtops for Education. They can be dropped off in the collection boxes in the front lobby! We are also participating in Price Chopper’s Tools for Schools, so if you have a Price Chopper card please sign your card up – every purchase earns us points for classroom equipment!
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their web page which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible!