Welcome to the first ever Ross PTO
If you are receiving this email, it means that you provided your email address when you returned your PTO membership form. We understand that papers and handouts may not make it home from your kids, so we thought a digital newsletter may help out with this problem. If you do not wish to receive this newsletter, please use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the form. Here are some quick important announcements:
Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop, etc.), you must submit security clearances. Check out the district website for further information: http://www.lake-lehman.k12.pa.us/volunteers.html. If you want to help out and volunteer, submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible!
If anyone has pictures from this week's elementary chorus concert, our yearbook chairperson would appreciate some for the yearbook. Please send them to Sherri Derhammer at email@example.com, She will also be looking for pictures from the elementary band concert next week. If you are available to take pictures at any events (and have clearances), please reach out to Sherri. Our yearbook committee appreciates your help!
Our PTO membership annual dues are $3 per person or $5 per family. In order to be eligible and participate in any class field trip, members must be signed up by December 31st!
Keep collecting your Boxtops for Education, Tyson labels and Campbell's Labels - drop off boxes are located in the lobby at school.
Our next PTO meeting is Monday, January 4th at 6:30pm in the Ross cafeteria. Hope to see you there! Have a great holiday, everyone!
PTO Vice President
- Friday, December 11th from 6-8pm there is a 5th and 6th grade dance at Ross!
- On Saturday, December 12th, the Lake Lehman Foundation will be sponsoring a Breakfast with Santa at the Lake Lehman High School from 9-11:30am. Tickets are $10 for adults and $7 for children 12 and under. There is no reserved seating but RSVP is requested - please contact the foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-760-4625. All information is also available on the Lake Lehman School District Facebook page.
- We will be having a Box Tops contest running from December 1st through January 15th - the grade that collects the most Box Tops will be awarded a book fair coupon!!
- Wednesday, December 16th at 7pm there will be a winter band performance at the high school auditorium for the elementary band.
- December 18: Lots going on -- The Kindergarten Christmas play will be Friday, December 18th at 9am (snow date is Monday, December 21st). In addition, there is an early dismissal. Looking for something to keep your kiddos occupied? There will be Cookies & Canvas on Friday, December 18th from 3-5:30 for 3rd through 6th grade students, more details to follow!
- On December 23rd: Lots going on -- Ross will be having a very special visitor arriving!! (*hint hint* the man in the red suit). It's also Spirit Day - wear your favorite ugly sweater! In addition, there will be an early dismissal.
- There will be no school from December 24th through January 1st for winter break - school resumes on Monday, January 4th!
- Our next PTO meeting is Monday, January 4th at 6:30pm in the Ross cafeteria
- Saturday, January 23 at 6:30pm The Harlem Wizards will be back at Lake Lehman High School - Advance tickets are $10 per person. By purchasing in advance, you save $2 per ticket. Tickets can be distributed to students, picked up on Tuesday, December 22 from 5:45 PM – 6:15 PM at Lehman Jackson Elementary Gym or held for pickup at the game. The student from each school who sells the most tickets, will receive two(2)free tickets to the game! The top selling student in the district will receive four(4) free tickets, and a Harlem Wizards prize pack! Please contact Christin Snyder at email@example.com for more information.