The school year is quickly coming to an end and there's a lot of events on our calendar that we want to share with you.
First, our last PTO meeting of the 2017-2018 school year was held on Monday, May 7th. We were supposed to be voting for the incoming Treasurer and Vice President positions, but the nominees weren't able to make the meeting. We have have scheduled an additional meeting for Monday, June 4th at 6:30pm to vote for incoming officers. This will also serve as a year end potluck party. Look for a Facebook invite soon.
Tomorrow, Friday, May 11 is a half day. JSHS dismisses at 11:45 am and all of the elementary centers will dismiss at noon. Additionally, tomorrow is the 6th grade combined dance at the Jr./Sr. HS from 7-9pm. Tickets will be on sale before school starts in the lobby and the cost is $4.00 (please try to bring exact change). Click here to see the flyer. We are still taking monetary and food donations! Tickets can be bought at the door (donations will also be accepted there).
Next week, Ross will be hosting the Scholastic BOGO book fair all week. As you may have seen from the Lake-Lehman text message system, on Monday, May 14th from 6-8pm, we'll be hosting a family shop night with fun events planned. Click here to see the flyer.
Our last assembly got a shoutout in this week's Dallas Post. Go check it out!
Lots of field trips are planned for the next few weeks, so please refer to our to our Field Trip page for further details.
Lastly, I just wanted to say that it'ss been a fun 4 years serving the students and educators at Ross Elementary. But for now, this is my last newsletter and web update as my son will be moving onto 7th grade next year. I will be leaving you in very capable hands! Thanks for all of the fun, learning and laughs that we've shared!
Working for the students,
PTO Vice President
- For those keeping track at home, here are the current snow day makeup calendar changes (as of 5/1/18): May 25th is a now half day -- Our calendar page has been updated accordingly. Projected date graduation is now Friday, June 8th, last day of school for grades K-11 is on Monday, June 12th. (subject to change)
- The 6th grade elementary combined school dance is on Friday, May 11th at the High School - Lake-Noxen, Lehman-Jackson and Ross Elementary students in 6th grade are all invited to attend. Tickets will be on sale leading up to the dance. Click here to see the flyer. The theme is neon glow. We are asking for food or monetary donations. Chaperones have already been selected.
- Here are early dismissals on the following Fridays in May: 5/11, 5/18 & 5/25. School is closed on Monday, May 28th for the Memorial Day observance.
- The Scholastic (BOGO) Book Fair is returning the week of May 14th, more information will be coming home with your child. Family night will be Monday, May 14th. Click here to see the flyer.
- Lake-Lehman Last Knight Lock-In fundraiser is happening at Wendy's in Dallas on Monday, May 14th from 5-8pm.
- Field Day is on Tuesday, May 22nd with a make-up day of Thursday, May 24th.
- A special PTO meeting will be held on Monday, June 4th at 6:30pm in the Ross Cafeteria to vote in incoming officers - also we'll be having a year end potluck party. Come hungry!
- Thursday, June 7th will be the 6th Grade Awards ceremony starting at 9am. All parents of 6th graders are welcome. There will be a picnic for teachers and students only to follow.
- "A Knight for Nathan," a benefit to support Nathan Welby who was recently diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. "A Knight for Nathan" is a charity walk to help defer costs for his family as Nathan begins treatment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. The walk is on Saturday, June 16th from 6-9pm. Click here to see the flyer.
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc. All upcoming field trips have been placed on our field trip page.
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K'NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off in the Ross Lobby. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their webpage which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible!