Another school year has come and gone before our eyes! We still have a few fun events planned for the kids as the school year winds down as you will see below. If you'd like a sneak peek of the upcoming school year, check out the newly revamped Lake-Lehman School District webpage. As always, we would like to thank you to all of our volunteers who help to run our PTO - we always appreciate all your hard work and dedication!
Our last PTO of the 2016-2017 school year was on 05/08/17. Here are some highlights of what was discussed:
- We voted on a new PTO President (2 year term) and Secretary (2 year term). We are happy to announce our new PTO president Jolene Palmer and continuing secretary Melissa Lukavitch. A huge thank you to Heather Hospodar, our current president, who has done amazing things for our PTO, we appreciate all you have done for us!!! We are a small school, but our volunteers have huge hearts!!
- We're still seeking volunteers for Field Day, please email Mrs. Hollos at Tricia6@hotmail.com if you are interested.
- We received updates from the following committees: Book Fair, Combined 6th Grade Dance, Field Day/Spirit Day, Sixth Grade Awards & Picnic
- We are still waiting for some invoices to come back from the field trips, but our account balance currently is estimated to be around $12,000 which puts us in decent shape to start next year.
Our next PTO meeting will be held on Monday, September 11th at 6:30pm in the cafeteria. Have a safe and happy summer, everyone!
PTO Vice President
- The elementary chorus concert will be at the high school TONIGHT, May 9th at 7pm!
- On May 11th we will be having a Sky Dome Planetarium assembly - mobile planetarium set up in the gym that all grades will be able to visit. Schedule: 9-9:50 2nd and 3rd; 9:50-10:50 K and 1st; 12:45-1:35 6th; 1:35-2:25 4th and 5th.
- Scholastic BOGO book fair coming Monday, May 15th will be set up, Tuesday, May 16th and Wednesday, May 17th are fair days and Thursday, May 18th will be make ups and pack up.
- Lake-Lehman JSHS 6th grade parent night will be held on Monday, May 15th in the library at the high school. Parents of current 6th grade students are encouraged to attend, Mr. Klopp and Mrs. Sears will present important information regarding Junior High. They will be visiting the 6th graders at their schools on May 16th.
- Cadet band will be having two concert practices from 6:30 to 8:30 on Monday, May 15th and Tuesday, May 16th at the high school. The concert will be held on Wednesday, May 17th at 7pm!
- There will be an early dismissal on Friday, 5/19.
- Friday, May 19th all students in the Cadet Band will be going to perform at Hershey Park High School for Music in the Parks!
- The Living Museum and Art Show will be held on 5/22 - more details to follow.
- Field Day will be on Tuesday, 5/23 with the rain date to be on Wednesday, 5/24. Look for more details and volunteer opportunities shortly.
- There will be an early dismissal on Friday, 5/26 and no school on 5/29 for the Memorial Day holiday.
- Friday, June 2nd is the combined 6th grade dance to be held at the high school, more details to follow! We are still looking for chaperones for the dance. Please visit our Facebook page for more information and to volunteer.
- Talent Show, Wednesday, June 7th at Ross.
- As of the updated school calendar released on 3/20: The last day of school is scheduled for Tuesday, 6/9.
- Our next PTO meeting will be Monday, September 11th at 6:30 in the Ross cafeteria.
- Our PTO membership annual dues are $3 per person or $5 per family - sign up forms will be coming home soon. In order to be eligible and participate in any class field trip, members must be signed up by December 31st!
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc.
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K'NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their webpage which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible! Thanks!
- Our yearbook coordinator needs your help! If you have pictures from any events at the school, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org - or if you know you can be at an event, please take pictures. As hard as she tries, she cannot be at every event and get pictures! We are also looking for people who are interested in co-chairing for yearbook, please let us know if you would like more information.