Good morning! Happy (early) Thanksgiving.
Hopefully, you had a chance to read our newsletter about the success of the Race for Education that was sent out yesterday. If not, I'll save you a few clicks. We raised $9,758.91. We are still going to hold a few other smaller fundraisers throughout the rest of the school year so that we can keep providing fun activities for our kids.
If you didn't attend our last meeting, we announced that we will be partnering with the other Lake-Lehman elementaries once again for the Harlem Wizards basketball game. The game will be at Lake-Lehman High School on Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 6:30pm. Look for information about where and when ticket pre-sales will be occurring after the holidays. We are also looking for business sponsors. You can find more information on our website: http://rosselempto.org/fundraising/harlem-wizards-fundraiser/
Our next PTO meeting is on December 4th at 6:30pm in the Cafeteria. It is a holiday party, so we are asking you to bring along a snack. We created a Facebook event that you can RSVP to with what you are going to bring.
Working for the students,
PTO Vice President
- Join us on Nov 22 in our monthly spirit day by dressing your grade level attire: KG and 1st: Any decade will do; 2nd: 90s; 3rd: 80s; 4th: 70s; 5th: 60s; 6th: 50s
- There is an early dismissal on Wednesday, November 22 and school will be closed from Thursday, November 23 until Monday, November 27 for the Thanksgiving holiday. School will resume on Tuesday, November 28.
- The Lake-Lehman Band would like to invite you & your family to be a part of the 3rd Annual Community Tree lighting. Monday, November 27th at 6:00 p.m. at Lake-Lehman High School. Enjoy music/carols. Hot Chocolate, Cookies & more for sale. Meet Santa!
- 5th and 6th grade dance will be on December 1st. The 5th and 6th grade classes will be picking the theme and compiling song requests. More details will be coming home with your student soon.
- Santa’s workshop will take place December 5-7th. Setup day is on December 4th.
- Our next PTO meeting will be on December 4th at 6:30pm in the Cafeteria. It is a holiday party so bring along a snack.
- There will be a LuLaRoe fundraiser on December 12th from 3-6pm setup at Ross.
- Kindergarten Readiness programs are as follows: Math Readiness and Nutrition: Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 9:00am; Pre-Registration: Thursday, February 15, 2018 starting at 9:00am.
- SAVE THE DATE – The Harlem Wizards will be back bringing their new show to Lake-Lehman High School on Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 6:30pm.
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc.
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K'NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off in the Ross Lobby. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their webpage which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible!