Hello everyone! Can you believe that Halloween is right around the corner? Spooktacular!!
Our last PTO meeting was on 10/03/16. Here are some highlights of what was discussed:
- Mrs. Hopsodar is working with Mrs. Bednarek to apply for a Lowe's Grant. The grant would be used to build a pavilion on/near the playground if received.
- We're looking to have a "Paint and Sip Night"...still trying to nail down the location so that Ms. Mazella could participate in some fashion. The money brought in would be used for art supplies for her classroom.
- We received updates from the following committees: Race for Education, Membership, Spirit Days, and Spirit Wear.
- Rather than doing the Trunk or Treat that we previously discussed at Ross Elementary, we decided to join forces with the group organizing the Back Mountain Trunk or Treat at the Luzerne County Fair Ground. More details can be found on our website, Facebook or in your child's take home folders.
Our next PTO meeting will be held on Monday, November 7th at 6:30pm in the cafeteria! Hope to see you there!
PTO Vice President
- Lake-Lehman Cheerleader Pink Out orders due by 10/7.
- There is no school on Monday, October 10th!
- Kindergarten will be going on a field trip to Whistle Pig on Tuesday, October 11th!
- Thank you for all your support! The Race for Education will take place on Friday, October 14th and hopefully will be our only fundraiser for the year! Kindergarten through 2nd grade will be racing from 9:15-10:15 and 3rd through 6th grade will be racing from 10:15-11:15; we are looking for volunteers to come out and help for the morning, so if you are interested please message this page or contact Melissa Lukavitch. As always, all clearances must be on file with Ross in order to participate!
- Wednesday, October 19th will be Fire Prevention day.
- Spirit Day - Friday, October 21st! Soctober - wear your craziest socks!
- Canvas and Cookies will be held on Friday, October 21st from 5-7pm - information coming home soon!
- Lake Lehman Zombie Crawl, October 23rd...register by October 7th!
- Kindergarten Readiness - first session will be held on Tuesday, October 25th.
- The annual Halloween Parade will be held on Friday, October 28th, at 9am. The parade will be held in the front parking lot - please note that parking for the disabled will be made available on the side of the school, all visitors are asked to park on the back baseball and soccer fields. Parents will not be able to go to the classrooms before or after the parade, PTO volunteers will be available to assist classroom teachers with costumes.
- Friday, October 28th is an early dismissal!
- Trunk or Treat at the Luzerne County Fairgrounds on October 31st from 6:15-8pm - more information will be coming home soon!
- Our next PTO meeting will be held on Monday, November 7th at 6:30pm in the cafeteria!
- Our PTO membership annual dues are $3 per person or $5 per family - sign up forms will be coming home soon. In order to be eligible and participate in any class field trip, members must be signed up by December 31st!
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc.
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K'NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off at Back-To-School night. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their webpage which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible! Thanks!
- Our PTO membership annual dues are $3 per person or $5 per family. In order to be eligible and participate in any class field trip, members must be signed up by December 31st!