Good afternoon, everyone!
Again, we welcome you all back to school after the Labor Day holiday. It's going to be an exciting year of learning! A special welcome to all new PTO members - thank you so much for joining! We value your membership. The PTO has a lot of fun stuff planned this year. Our first PTO meeting of the school year was last evening, here are some of the topics that were discussed:
- Upcoming events: Book Fair, Spirit Days, Assemblies, Race for Education, Picture Day, Teacher & Staff Appreciation
- We received updates from the following committees: Membership Drive, Yearbook
- We discussed some old business. Outcomes of the following: Last year's Book Fair, Field Day, 6th Grade Awards and the Sky Dome Assembly.
Our next PTO meeting will be held on Monday, October 2nd at 6:30pm in the cafeteria! Hope to see you there!
PTO Vice President
- Race for Education packets should have been sent home with your student on Tuesday, 8/29. The labels are due back Monday, September 11 Thursday, September 14 (deadline has been extended). There is an optional $50 buy-out in lieu of sending back labels, click here for more details. Thanks for your continued support! More information can be found on our Race For Education page.
- We’re happy to welcome Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park as our first assembly this year! The Ross Park ZooMobile will be stopping by Ross Elementary on 9/11-9/12 & 9/14 for three 45 minute presentations complete with animals. Schedule is as follows: 9/11/2017; Time: 10:00 AM To 10:45 AM; Age: Kindergarten To 2nd Grade | 9/12/2017; Time: 10:00 AM To 10:45 AM; Age: 3rd Grade To 4th Grade | 9/14/2017; Time: 10:00 AM To 10:45 AM; Age: 5th Grade To 6th Grade.
- Picture Day is Monday, 9/18 – make-up dates TBD.
- The first Scholastic Book Fair of the year is Tuesday 9/19 and Wednesday 9/20 with make-ups on Thursday 9/21. More information should be coming home with your child.
- Back to School night is on Thursday, 9/21 at 6pm.
- Teacher & Staff appreciation day is on Thursday 9/21. If you’d like to help out or donate something, contact Mrs. Palmer.
- Local Girl Scout Troup #32906 is currently looking for volunteers for Daisy and Brownie Troop Leaders. Please contact Sara Barchik @ 570-259-8167 or email@example.com for more information. Please click here to see the flyer.
- Our next PTO meeting will be Monday, October 2nd at 6:30 in the Ross cafeteria.
- The Race for Education will be held on Friday, October 13, 2017 with two race times. K-2nd grade – 9-10am; 3rd-6th grade – 10-11am.
- Our next assembly is the Fabulous Chinese Acrobats on Monday, 10/30 at 9am.
- Local Girl Scout Troop #30102, consisting of 5th grade girls from Lehman-Jackson, Lake-Noxen and Ross Elementary Schools, is teaming up with Brandon’s Forever Home in collecting new or gently used bags for children in the foster care system. Boxes will be available for collection at all 3 elementary schools until October 31. Click here to see the flyer.
- Our PTO membership annual dues are $3 per person or $5 per family. In order to be eligible and participate in any class field trip, members must be signed up by September 30th.
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc.
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K'NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off at Back-To-School night. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their webpage which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible!